Chapter 111

Harrison walked into the Great Hall on Halloween morning, and was surprised to see that the Halloween decorations that had graced the hall the past week were gone. In lieu of the typical Halloween decorations, silk banners in the various house colors decorated the ceiling. A giant banner with the Hogwarts crest hung behind the head table. Large diamond chandeliers floated above each table, and sparkling silver fairies floated around the ceiling.

Soon the Great Hall was filled with students and Dumbledore stood and called for silence.

"The time has finally arrived, this evening we will meet the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang who will be staying with us for the rest of the year," Dumbledore said. "Please welcome, the students of Durmstrang Institute!"

The doors to the Great Hall burst open. Seven boys and five girls wearing blood red robes walked in, their faces impassive, and their steps in sync. They all held themselves with confidence and dignity. All of the students has black hair and tanned skin. They were led by a man Harrison knew, Igor Karkaroff. Igor was wearing slick silver robes, and his black hair was pulled into a low ponytail. He looked like the kind of man you wouldn't want to run into during the day, let alone down a dark alley.

"Bloody hell," a voice broke through the silence, "that's Viktor Krum."

Murmurs broke out around the hall as the students realized the world famous seeker was in their midst. Girls began to giggle, and Harrison rolled his eyes at their behavior. He looked at the Gryffindor table and his eyes found Ginny, her face was beet red. 'It appears as if someone is over their crush on Blaise. Perfect.' The Durmstrang students walked to the head table, inclined their heads in acknowledgment, then turned and faced the students.

"Now," Dumbledore continued, "I would like to introduce the students of Beauxbatons Academy!"

Harrison's eyebrows shot into his head as a woman taller than Hagrid led in a group of twelve students. She had olive colored skin, a beaky nose, and large, black, liquid looking eyes. The students that followed looked the opposite of the students from Durmstrang. They were all blonde, and wore light blue robes that were so silky they looked as if they were wearing water. The girl in front was the most beautiful Harrison had ever seen. Her long blonde hair reached down to her waist, and her blue eyes sparkled like two crystal clear pools. She had an unnaturally tiny waist, and legs that seemed to stretch for miles. Her pink lips were curled up in a smile, and her white teeth were blinding.

"Hello, Harrison," the blonde said quietly as she passed by him.

"Fleur," Harrison murmured.

Harrison had met Fleur Delacour the summer before his first year of Hogwarts, and had spoken with her a few times since. Her father was Pierre Delacour, France's Minister of Magic. Pierre wasn't a Death Eater, not even close, he was neutral. He knew who Voldemort was, but he didn't agree with his methods, and he didn't support the dark. However, he was a friend of the Malfoy family, and he promised to stay neutral, at least for the time being. Harrison knew his father didn't have Pierre killed because according to him, he was the lesser of two evils, as many in the French government had light leanings. At least Pierre stayed neutral in most areas.

The Beauxbatons students stood next to those from Durmstrang.

"Let us all give our guests a warm welcome," Dumbledore said jovially. The students burst into applause, as they craned their necks to get a better look. After a minute, Dumbledore raised his hands for silence. "If our guests would be so kind as to take seats at whichever table they'd prefer."