Chapter 23

The day before they were to return home the exam results were posted. As expected Harrison was the number one in his year with Daphne as number two. Draco came in third followed by Leo, and much to her annoyance Hermione came in fifth. Cass, Theo, Blaise, Terry Boot and Padma Patil rounded out the top ten. The Slytherins enjoyed rubbing the fact that seven out of ten of the top spots for the first years were held by Slytherins. Ron and Ernie Macmillan would both turn red with anger when it was brought up.

The night of the leaving feast arrived and Harrison and his friends made their way to the great hall in good spirits. It was decked out in the Slytherin colors of green and silver to celebrate Slytherin's winning the house cup for the sixth year in a row. A huge banner showing the Slytherin serpent covered the wall behind the High Table. Gryffindor house was sulking and shooting glares at the three first years who caused them to be in last place in regards to points, they were barely out of the negatives.

Harrison and his friends sat chatting about their summer plans until Dumbledore stood up looking less jovial than usual. Harrison couldn't blame him, he'd be miserable if he had been the one to lose a priceless stone and have a teacher go missing out from under his nose. The hall fell silent as Dumbledore rose a hand to draw everyones attention.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore said as his eyes twinkled slightly. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were, you have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with one hundred points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-eight and Slytherin, four hundred and ninety-two. Slytherin wins the house cup!"

A storm of cheering and stamping broke out from the Slytherin table; Draco was banging his goblet on the table. Leo and Blaise both wore smug expressions while Jenna cheered loudly in Harrison's ear. Harrison saw Ron glaring at them from the Gryffindor table so he raised his goblet and winked in a mock toast, Ron turned beat red and turned around. Harrison smirked and went back to cheering.

The next morning their wardrobes were empty, their trunks were packed, Neville's toad was found lurking in a corner of the toilets; notes were handed out to all students, warning them not to use magic over the holidays ("I always hope they'll forget to give us these," said Fred Weasley sadly); Hagrid was there to take them down to the fleet of boats that sailed across the lake; they were boarding the Hogwarts Express; talking and laughing as the countryside became greener and tidier; eating Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans as they sped past Muggle towns; pulling off their wizard robes and putting on jackets and coats; pulling into platform nine and three-quarters at King's Cross Station.

Harrison stepped off the train and hugged his girl friends and goodbye and told the boys he'd see them soon. Hermione almost squeezed the air from his lungs and Fred clapped his back so hard he almost went flying forward and he would've if he hadn't been trained to catch himself.

"Dragon," Narcissa called and Harrison saw Draco's cheeks tinge pink.

"Don't say anything," Draco said sharply.

Harrison smirked. "I wasn't going to."

"I missed you all so much," Narcissa said as she hugged Draco.

"Hello father," Harrison said smiling.

Tom returned the gesture. "Harrison, do you have everything?" Harrison nodded.

"Hello," Luna said in a dreamy voice.

"Hi Luna," Harrison said as the blonde pulled him into a hug.

Bellatrix turned from Leo to hug Harrison. "My little snake, Riddle Manor has been less interesting without you."

"No one to help you torment Wormtail?" Harrison asked innocently.

Bella's eyes lit up with twisted excitement. "Oh I wouldn't say that."

Luna grinned and Harrison felt his lips tug at the corner.

"I'm so proud," Harrison said as he let his lips form a smirk.

"As endearing as this conversation is we must be going," Tom said as he held out his arm. "Lucius, I will see you tomorrow morning at six, don't be late."

Lucius inclined his head. "Of course not."

"Bye Draco," Harrison said. "I'll see you tomorrow Leo, Cass."

Cass hugged Harrison before pulling away. "Hex Wormtail for me."

"My pleasure," Harrison grinned as he grabbed his fathers arm.

Luna grabbed Harrison's hand and the three of them apparated away.

AN:

1-Tom/Voldemort has an image, that of a rich philanthropist. Only Dumbledore and his Death Eaters know it's Voldemort. His thoughts on Luna's guardianship will be shown later.

2-I know that over Christmas Tom asked about Hermione even though Bellatrix had told him about her courtesy of her kids. He asked because he wanted to hear it from Harrison.

3-The Philosopher's Stone will be mentioned/used.

4-I know first year wasn't very long but at eleven you can't do much.