Chapter 140

Blaise laughed, it was colder than a Siberian winter, and his eyes glowed with sadistic pleasure.

"And Viktor has no idea?" Cass asked.

"He'll find out soon enough," Harrison said.

"He deserves nothing less," Leo said. "What he did is nothing short of betrayal."

"Your father is going to kill him," Daphne said.

"Maybe, maybe not," Harrison said. "If this works we'll still need him alive."

"Going against your father's wishes?" Draco said. "It doesn't matter if he needs to be alive, you know he'll still pay."

"When Viktor finds out about this, I think it'll be punishment enough," Jenna said. Her nose wrinkled in disgust.

"Don't tell me you feel bad for the blood traitor?" Cass asked in shock.

"Merlin, no," Jenna said, an insulted note in her voice. "But I do feel slightly dirty about it."

"I don't know why you would, Leo is the one who should," Cass said with a smirk.

Leo scrunched up his face. "Unfortunately."

Harrison rolled his eyes and poured a thick brown potion into a goblet. Emeralds sparkled from the golden goblet as Harrison handed it to Leo.

"Remember, although this potion has been altered to give you more time, you'll still only have three hours," Harrison said.

"That's more than enough time," Leo said smugly.

Cass snorted, and Leo glared at her before downing the potion. He grimaced at the awful taste. A tingling sensation began in his fingers, and he felt oddly detached from his body. He barely noticed Harrison looking at the Marauders Map to find Ginny, or his other friends looking at him in fascination. He felt his chest widen, his legs lengthen, and his head felt like it was being massaged as his hair shortened.

"How do I look?" Leo asked, and Viktor's voice came out. His accent thick and heavy.

"Like a world famous quidditch player," Pansy said with a smirk.

xxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

Ginny sat with her legs up to her chest, her arms wrapped tightly around them. She watched as the snow fell from the sky and she shivered. She felt like a fool. From the moment he had first spoken to her, Ginny had felt that Viktor was too good for her. Too rich. Too famous. Too everything. But slowly she had begun to allow herself to think that maybe he wasn't too good for her. That maybe he was just right for her.

Then he told her not to hang out with his friends and she couldn't remember ever feeling so horrible. Was he embarrassed of her? Sure she was only fourteen, but she wasn't stupid. She knew she wasn't the prettiest girl in the entire world, and she knew that her B cups weren't impressive, and that they hadn't done more than kiss, but she thought that Viktor didn't care. Apparently he did.

A tear fell down her cheek and she wiped at it with the back of her hand.

"Don't cry," a heavily accented voice said. "You're too beautiful to cry."