Chapter 40

Several weeks passed and Harrison was curious as to why nothing had happened yet concerning the Chamber of Secrets. He had taken to watching Ginny sometimes and it was obvious to him that she had written in the diary. She was slightly paler than usual and she wasn't spending time with anyone other than her brother on occasion. His friends were just as curious as he was although they rarely talked about it for fear of being overheard.

On Halloween Harrison and his friends watched as skeletons danced around the Great Hall. The hall had been decorated with giant pumpkins large enough for three grown men to sit in, live bats fluttered around near the ceiling and candles floated all around the room. The tables were filled with large turkeys, plates of ham, mashed potatoes and gold bowls filled to the brim with apples.

"Can you believe the homework Lockhart assigned?" Blaise sneered. "A poem, a bloody poem."

"I think he becomes more idiotic as time goes on," Leo stated. "I wish we could drop his class, I have much more important things to do than listen to him prattle on about himself."

"Says the boy who rivals Lockhart in terms of vanity," Cass said slyly before smirking when her twin narrowed his eyes.

"Don't you dare compare me to that fool," Leo said pompously. "I unlike him have a reason to be vain." He ran a hand through his short black hair.

"Maybe you two can compare hair care tips," Cass suggested as though she hadn't heard him.

"You-" Leo began in a dangerous voice only to be cut off.

"Did you see Ronald's feather catch fire today during Charms?" Harrison interrupted casually.

Cass and Leo stopped their death glare staring contest and turned to look at him. Harrison knew mentioning their common 'enemy' would stop their fight from escalating. A few days ago they got into a huge fight in the common room and blasted three chairs and a table to pieces, and Harrison wasn't in the mood to repeat the experience.

"It was the best part of my day," Leo divulged. "His eyebrow completely burnt off."

"He looks even worse than usual," Cass said scathingly.

Half an hour later Harrison and his friends left the Great Hall with their stomachs aching from eating too much candy. The corridors were crowded with students making their way to their respective common rooms. The noise level was higher than normal since everyone was in high spirits thanks to the feast.

"Next weekend is the first Quidditch match of the season," Tracey pointed out. "Are you excited?"

"Of course Harrison's excited," Draco said snidely.

"Draco," Harrison said warningly causing the blonde to glower. "Why have you been such an ass today?"

"Weasley was getting on my nerves more than usual," Draco answered with a hint of annoyance.

"Well don't take it out on us," Tracey said slightly hurt.

Draco glanced at her and the cold look in his eyes lessened. "Sorry."

"Forgiven," Tracey grinned.

Harrison stopped upon hearing the chilling Parseltongue again causing Blaise to bump into him.