Chapter 114

Tom looked at Severus, anger marred his handsome features. Sizzling flames cast a shadow against Severus' face.

"This must end, Severus," Tom said.

Tom tossed a piece of folded up parchment into the fire and the flames cracked and hissed. He watched as the letter dissolved into ash.

"I've searched every book I can think of," Severus said. Frustration slipping through his usual stoic mask. "I'm afraid that for once, I do not have the answers you seek."

Tom's eyes flashed red, and he tapped his long fingers on the arm of his chair. He had woken this morning to a letter from Luna, telling him about another vivid vision she'd had. Luna had described, in unsettling vidid detail, what she had seen. Including the bite marks that had appeared on her skin. It was the second time since she had started her third year at Hogwarts that it had happened, and although he wouldn't admit it aloud, he was worried.

Tom hadn't expected to care for Luna when he took her into his home. He had planned on using her as a pawn, and what happened to her after would be of no consequence to him. Yet somewhere down the line, like Harrison, the blonde girl had crept into his cold heart. He hated it, loathed the added weakness. But still, he couldn't deny it.

Tom had searched high and low for any recorded cases of a seer having wounds from their visions inflicted on them, but he couldn't find a single case. He knew that if he couldn't than neither could Severus, but he needed a solution. A way for Luna to retain her visions, but for the bruises and bite marks to cease.

"A potion," Tom said. "I want a potion that will stop her symptoms."

Severus shifted. To anyone else it would've appeared as if he was merely finding a more comfortable position, but Voldemort knew he was nervous.

"I will, of course, attempt to make a potion," Severus said. "However, as there is no one to test it on, and no information to base my brewing on…"

"You will do so," Tom said, his tone threatening.

"Of course, T—, my Lord," Severus said respectfully.

Tom caught the slip, but he didn't comment. This hadn't begun as a formal meeting, so he wouldn't curse the almost mistake, not today.

"Good," Tom looked into the flames. "Is there any news in regard to Krum?"

"He left Hogwarts this morning with Ginny Weasley," Severus said. "They were laughing."

"Excellent," Tom nodded. He looked at Severus. "What of my son? Is he with the girl?"

"I saw him this morning with the Black twins," Severus said. Tom frowned. Severus continued, "He knows what is expected of him, my Lord. Harrison will draw in the veela."

"Yes," Tom said, "you're right."

Severus opened his mouth, but at that moment the door to Tom's office burst open. Tom's eyes narrowed as the wooden door banged against the wall. Severus jumped to his feet, his wand pointed at the door.

"My Lord," Dawlish said. His eyes were wide, anger and confusion in their dark depths.

"What is the meaning of this?" Tom said, his tone cold enough to freeze water.