Chapter 83

Harrison walked into the History of Magic classroom on Friday morning and stopped after taking only several steps inside. The classroom looked like a completely different room than the two previous years. The large rectangular room was filled with desks that seated three, and in the front was a black ornate desk. The desk which was obviously for Barty had clawed feet and a large emerald green wing backed chair sat behind it. The walls were covered with various scenes from important times in history, from before the founding of Hogwarts to the goblin rebellions.

"Harrison, over here," Hermione called. Harrison shook himself and looked for his friend, Hermione was waving to him from the front row. Harrison nodded in acknowledgement and walked towards the Ravenclaw followed by his friends.

"I wonder what Barty is going to teach us." Pansy murmured to Jenna as Harrison took a seat next to Hermione who was looking excited.

"Isn't it exciting?" Hermione asked with a smile. "We're actually going to have a wizard for a teacher instead of a ghost." Hermione blanched when she realized what she had said. "Not that I'm prejudiced against ghosts or anything. I mean there's nothing wrong with, I mean..." Hermione looked frustrated as her cheeks turned red. Harrison fought off the urge to laugh.

"Oh give it a rest," Draco snapped as he took the seat next to Harrison. "Binns is a ghost, no one cares about his feelings." Hermione looked annoyed before that turned into embarrassment. Harrison narrowed his eyes at Draco. Hermione and Draco had been getting along, and Draco was finally beginning to consider Hermione a friend. Harrison didn't want Draco to do anything stupid to ruin their friendship. Draco's cheeks turned pink at Harrison's look and he quickly looked away.

"Don't mind Draco," Harrison murmured to Hermione. "He's been in a foul mood all morning." Hermione nodded slowly and gave him a small smile. Harrison heard the door to the classroom open and turned to see Barty walking in, a smile on his face showing straight white teeth. Barty was wearing dark green robes with silver accents and his shoes make a clacking noise as they hit the stone ground. Harrison could feel the excitement in the room, everyone had been looking forward to this class. Those that had already had it said that Barty had been brilliant, even the Weasley twins who previously hated the class.

"Welcome third years to History of Magic," Barty said as he stood in front of the class. "For the few of you who don't know me I am Barty Crouch Jr and I will be your professor for the year. Having already taught four days of this class I have come to see that your previous instruction in this class has been horrendous. Having had Professor Binns myself, I am not surprised." Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, Leo and Draco snickered. Barty shot the five boys a look that only those who knew him could tell was amusement. "As third years you are supposed to learn about various wizarding wars throughout history. And as anyone who knows anything about history knows, the wizarding world has been home to thousands of wars. Out of those wars, hundreds have been fought in Britain. Some, such as the war between the armies of Morgana Le Fey and Merlin Emrys have had more impact on our world than others. Since we only have nine months of instruction we of course cannot go into detail on all of them." Barty's eyes scanned the room, everyone was paying rapt attention. "So, we will be going over the ones that have had the most impact on Britain. We will begin with the war that had the most impact on everyone in this room, and the one that is still having an impact on all of you to this day." Harrison's lips twitched, he knew where Barty was going with this. "The war that is referred to as the British Wizarding War." Murmurs broke out amongst the students.

"Dumbledore is going to hate this," Draco chuckled quietly to Harrison. Harrison allowed a smile to grace his lips, he could picture his father getting a good laugh over this. Although, he did wonder what Barty would have to say about his father. He did have a cover to keep after all.

The Son of Lord Voldemortजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें