Chapter 19

Saturday night Harrison and his friends sat in front of the roaring fire in the common room. Harrison would cast a tempus every five minutes and Draco would glance at Gracelyn who was talking with her friends on the opposite side of the room.

"It's time," Harrison said standing up and motioning for Draco to get up with him. "We'll be back in a minute." He told his other friends before walking to the other side of the common room. "Gracelyn, can we have a word?" Harrison asked the head girl.

Gracelyn looked up from a copy of Witch Weekly. "Of course Harrison, does this need to be in private?" She asked the two first years going into head girl mode.

"Yes, that would be preferred," Harrison replied.

"Alright," Gracelyn stood up and motioned Harrison and Draco to follow her. They stopped in front of a portrait of a dark forest. "What's going on?"

"We need you to go to Professor Snape," Harrison said, getting to the point. "Ronald Weasley and his friends have an illegal dragon and they're sneaking up to the astronomy tower at midnight to get rid of it."

Gracelyn waited for them to laugh or say that this was a joke, when they didn't she gave them an incredulous look. "A dragon?" She asked in disbelief. "I would expect something like this from Blaise, not the two of you." She looked at them disapprovingly.

"Look Gracelyn I know this sounds like total dragon dung but it's not," Harrison said firmly. "The bloody gamekeeper Hagrid got a dragon egg and Ron and his friends are sending it off to Ron's brother in Romania. I swear to you that we aren't lying."

Gracelyn looked between the two first years and pursed her lips, for a moment she reminded Harrison of McGonagall.

"Alright," Gracelyn said. "I'll go to Professor Snape," she gave them both a stern look, "but if the two of you are lying you'll both be in detention."

Harrison and Draco nodded before Gracelyn walked over to the common room exit.

"How'd she react?" Pansy asked once they were back with their friends.

"How would you react if two first years told you that three first years were helping the groundkeeper sneak an illegal dragon out of the castle?" Draco asked dryly.

Pansy blushed as she glared at Draco.

The next morning the Slytherins walked into the Great Hall in cheerful spirits, and upon seeing the Gryffindor hourglass their spirits rose even further. Yesterday Gryffindor had three hundred and fifty points and today they were in the negative, one hundred and fifty black jewels filled the Gryffindor hourglass. The Great Hall was empty, Harrison made sure they were the first ones to enter so they could see everyone's reactions. He knew that they would be in trouble but he had a feeling this would be better than he first thought.

The first people to enter to hall were a group of fifth year Ravenclaws who didn't notice the hourglass at first until one abruptly stopped and pointed. Her friends looked up and Harrison saw all of their jaws drop. Harrison smirked and he wasn't the only one, his friends all wore either smirks or looks of triumph on their faces. Everyone else who entered the hall stopped to stare at the hourglass in disbelief, never before could anyone remember any house being in the negative let alone lose five hundred points in one night. The Gryffindors who walked in looked either furious or confused; Harrison assumed the story must not have got out yet. He saw a group of seventh year Gryffindors conversing as one angrily pointing to the hourglass.