Chapter 12

"You're adopting her?" Harrison asked after a minute of silence.

"No, I'm becoming her legal guardian," Tom answered. "She will keep her last name." He paused as he eyed his son. "I know this may seem random, but I can't pass up the opportunity for a true seer to be on our side. They are far too rare and valuable. She'll need training so that she can defend herself and according to her the two of you will have some sort of relationship." Harrison internally groaned at the reminder. "It won't be a bad thing for her to be around." He stood up and waved his wand to remove the creases in his green robes. "I need to go summon some of my Death Eaters for the mission."

Harrison sat staring at his fathers desk long after Tom had left. He didn't even know what to think about everything that had happened in the past hour. Luna Lovegood would now be living in Riddle Manor and apparently Harrison would have some sort of relationship with her. More than friends, but not married. What the bloody hell did that mean? Was she going to be my mistress? She wasn't very specific and that annoyed Harrison greatly. He didn't even know what was going on with his father. Tom wasn't the sort of person to do things without thinking them through, he hadn't been rash since he adopted Harrison.

Harrison groaned in frustration. His father was the Dark Lord not a bloody baby sitter. He didn't know how this would affect him and he didn't know if he wanted to know. He pushed himself from his chair and practically stormed to his room. He glared at every portrait or painting that tried to talk to him and he sent an explosion hex at a portrait of Antioch Slytherin when he wouldn't shut up. He felt immature, he hadn't stormed away since he was a little kid, but he was so confused. He was never confused and that just annoyed him even more. He knew that his father would be angry and disappointed at his behavior, but at the moment, he didn't care. Living with them was one thing,Tom becoming Luna's legal guardian was a different matter. He felt an emotion he'd never felt before and it infuriated him because he didn't know what it was.

Don't be angry. Nani hissed as she slid up his arm and around his shoulders. There's nothing to be angry about.

My father is adopting her! Harrison hissed furiously.

He's only becoming her legal guardian, there's a difference.

You're a snake, what the hell do you know?

Nani hissed angrily and bared her fangs. I've spent enough time with you and your father to know your ways. I also know that your father loves you and he isn't going to love you any less. You know as well as I he will never grow to feel anymore than fondness for the blonde. He loves you and only you.

Your point?

You're jealous of her.

Harrison glared at his familiar. No I'm not, I've never been jealous of anyone in my entire life.

He paused as his words echoed in his head and he closed his eyes. That was the emotion he was feeling, he was jealous of the girl. Jealous that he was going to be replaced because she could do something that he couldn't. His entire life he'd been better than everyone else, better looking, more powerful, smarter and, richer. He'd never known what it was like to be second best at something, he never even lost at quidditch. The only thing he'd never been great at was Divination, but neither were any of his friends. But, seeing the future was something he'd never be able to do. He fell back on his bed and closed his eyes. He needed to get control of his emotions, he wasn't normally one to let his emotions rule his actions. He thought about the portrait of Antioch Slytherin and grimaced.

I'm the heir of Slytherin, the son of Tom Riddle the most feared Dark Lord of all time. My emotions can't rule my actions because that could get me killed. I need to focus on what father said, she can help us and that's all that matters. He sat up and opened his eyes.

I'm sorry Nani. He hissed quietly,apologies weren't something he normally did.

Nani flicked her tongue out and hit his cheek. You are forgiven.