Chapter 24

Harrison stood in the middle of the large ballroom at Malfoy Manor as he took in the lavish decorations. The large marble ballroom had several large circular tables in the middle of the room surrounded by green and silver glowing balloons, which were floating all over. There were two large rectangular tables, one was covered with drinks and the other filled with appetizers. A giant cake in the shape of a golden snitch with real fluttering wings was floating in between the two tables. A dozen house elves carrying silver trays with bottles of pumpkin juice were walking around the room. Another large table was off to the side, several presents sat on top of it so Harrison assumed that must be where his gifts will be going. There were already twenty gifts of various sized covering the table.

Harrison smiled in appreciation, his Aunt Narcissa was always good at throwing birthday parties. He smoothed out his black silk shirt and adjusted his gold watch. He spun around when he heard a voice practically shriek his name.

"Harrison!" Pansy yelled, her black hair longer than usual and her skin tan. "Happy birthday!" She lunged at him, her slim arms wrapping around his neck.

Harrison hugged his best friend back tighter than normal. Pansy had been in Italy for the past three weeks, and apparently she'd spent a lot of time in the sun.

"Thanks Pansy," Harrison said. "How was Italy?"

"It was amazing," Pansy gushed. She spent the next five minutes detailing everything she did from shopping in the Italian equivalent of Hogsmeade to swimming in crystal clear blue water. "What did you get up to while I was away?"

Harrison went into a long explanation of the past three weeks. He told her about training everyday for three hours with his father then three more with his Aunt Bella, Draco, Cass, Leo and Luna. He made her laugh when he told her about all the times him and Blaise went under his invisibility cloak and hexed unsuspecting Death Eaters. Pansy was happy to hear that he and Luna had gotten closer and she was almost as advanced with magic as Daphne, Tracey and Jenna thanks to her private tutoring over the past six months. Pansy wasn't as surprised as he thought she'd be when he told her Hermione came over a few days prior to Riddle Manor. She was however surprised when he told Pansy that Hermione liked Tom even with his standoffish and cold personality. They both laughed at they pictured Hermione's face if she knew who Tom really was.

"She was excited to meet someone who knew so much," Harrison explained Hermione's reasoning behind liking Tom. "She said he seemed smarter than all of the Hogwarts professors."

"That's because he is," Pansy said seriously before changing the subject. "You guys didn't start animagus training without me did you?"

"No," Harrison assured her. "But father did assign us all books to read on the subject, Draco was supposed send you yours."

"He did," Pansy replied. "I read a little bit every night."

"Good," Harrison said. "Father said he won't allow us to learn the transformation until all of us have read the books."

Their conversation ended when the rest of Harrison's best friends walked into the ballroom carrying presents. He had to tear his gaze away from Daphne who looked beautiful in a red sun dress when he heard Blaise groan. Harrison turned to look in the direction Blaise was and he saw Hermione walking in looking nervous. Neville, Fred and George were walking in behind her. Neville looked even more nervous, he appeared as though he'd pass out any second. Fred and George on the other hand looked excited and they both wore matching mischievous grins. Harrison made a mental note to check their gifts for spells before he opened them.