Chapter 15

The next morning Harrison felt like he was eight again as he practically bounced into the living room. Underneath the tree were piles of presents wrapped in shiny wrapping paper. He saw Tom sitting in his usual black leather chair and Luna sitting on the large green couch Harrison normally sat at. He walked over and took the seat next to Luna, he decided that he'd give her a chance. After all he would be stuck with her for at least the next seven years.

"Happy Christmas," Harrison said with a large grin.

"Happy Christmas son," Tom said.

"Happy Christmas Harrison," Luna smiled.

Tom shot him a teasing smile. "What are you waiting for?"

Harrison didn't need to be told twice he immediately ran to the tree and grabbed the closest present; a large boxwrapped in green paper. He looked at the tag and it said that it was for Luna.

"Here Luna, it's for you," Harrison tossed the startled blonde the box.

"It's for me?" Luna asked surprised.

"Of course," Tom told her.

"Oh," Luna said quietly. "I only ever got one or two small things,even when my mum was alive."

Harrison made a face, but quickly masked it; he couldn't imagine only getting one or two presents. He felt slightly bad for the girl, but he pushed the feeling away. It was Christmas and he didn't want to spend it feeling sorry for anyone. He quickly sorted out the rest of the presents, his pile was much larger than Luna's, but she still had more than most children got.

He decided to open the presents from his best friends first. He picked up a large square box that said it was from Draco and tore the green shimmering paper off. Opening the box, he found a new black marble wizards chess board. The next present he opened was from Blaise and was a blood red cloak with gold clasps. Tom said it reminded him of something a Gryffindor would wear, but he ignored the comment. Theo's present was next and was as expected from Theo, a book, the book was on dangerous magical plants. Leo gave him a vile of basilisk venom, the stuff is extremely rare and expensive. Daphne gave him green dragon hide gloves for Quidditch. Tracey's present was a book on advanced Charms in battle, it just came out so Harrison didn't have it. He smiled, one less book he'd have to buy. Pansy sent him a boxfull of clothes, her mother was a high-end fashion designer so she always got the best clothes. Jenna gave him a dragon hide sheath for a dagger and Cass sent him a dagger with rubies in the hilt. He figured they must have done their shopping together.

Then he grabbed the pile of presents from his other fellow Slytherins. Crabbe had sent him a dozen chocolate frogs and Goyle sent him a boxfilled with an assortment of candy. Millicent sent him a book on prank spells and Abigail sent him a book on dangerous creatures that Harrison thought might be an interesting read. Anastasia sent him a black silk summer cloak with silver snake fastenings. Violet sent him a book on Charms and another on Transfiguration; from Marcus he received a snitch that can be used to hide something and only the person to whom it belongs to can get it out. That will be useful, I can shrink something down and put it in there he decided as he examined the golden snitch. The rest of his Quidditch team got together and sent him a box of candy; it was so large Harrison didn't think he'd be able to finish it if he had a piece a day for a year. Odette and Ophelia sent him a photo album filled with pictures that had been taken during his first term at Hogwarts. He flipped through it and smiled at the picture of him and his best friends by the lake; Blaise was feeding the squid and Leo was glaring daggers at Cass because she tried to push him in. Everyone else was laughing and Daphne's hair kept falling into her face. He received some candy and little trinkets from some of his other Slytherin friends.