Chapter 51

Over the next few days Harrison read through several of the books he had received for Christmas. He also participated in several snow ball fights with the Weasley twins and Draco. Every evening he would spend an hour with Draco working on their Animagus forms. Harrison was now able to turn his skin into shimmering green scales which was a lot of progress. On New Years Eve Draco finally accomplished sprouting feathers, but not in the place he had meant too. Harrison teased him for hours after his blonde hair turned into a mass of midnight black feathers.

On the first day of the new year Harrison's stomach dropped when he read the headline on the cover of the morning paper.

Death Eater Raid Failed

By Rita Skeeter

My faithful readers, I am happy to report that last night an attack on a Muggle village in Scotland was foiled by Ministry Aurors. Yesterday afternoon an anonymous tip was sent to Amelia Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement detailing an attack that was to take place that evening. Aurors were sent an hour early and waited under disillusionment charms to await the coming Death Eaters. When the Death Eaters arrived the Aurors placed anti-apparition wards around the village and a fight broke out. Thankfully several Death Eaters had been stunned before they realized the Aurors were present.

Ten Death Eaters were captured and two were killed in the ensuing battle. Luckily one one Auror was killed and two injured in the attack. One of the captured Death Eaters was shockingly Alexander Pearce, an employee of the Obliviator squad.

"We were extremely lucky to receive the anonymous tip," Amelia Bones stated in a late night interview. "However we lost one of our own, my condolences go out to Auror Steve Cross' family and friends. He was an exceptional Auror and he will be missed."

"We've been losing Aurors and Muggles have been killed too often since You-Know-Who came into power," Minister Fudge said. "Tonight was a victory, and we'll do our best to ensure the victories keep coming."

Harrison sneered as he burnt the paper to a crisp, luckily for him no one noticed because they were all too busy reading the article. He glanced at Draco whose eyes were narrowed as he read the article he had just finished. His eyes flickered to Dumbledore whose eyes were once more twinkling and Harrison felt his hate for the man grow. He snatched up the letter his fathers owl had delivered and quickly read it.

Harrison,

As I'm sure you're now aware a planned raid last evening was foiled by those idiotic Ministry Aurors. It was easy enough for me to figure out who the leak was, a pathetic excuse for a wizard by the name of Greg Bates. He is now residing in our dungeons being used as Cruciatus practice for new recruits. A fitting punishment if I do say so. Luckily none of the Death Eaters captured knew extremely sensitive information and only a few were of any importance.

I learned from Pettigrew that Dumbledore is extremely suspicious of the orphanage, as he should be. I didn't expect anything less from the man. Thankfully the man won't suggest either myself or Lucius of having ulterior motives to anyone other than members of his precious order. Pettigrew also acquired some interesting information regarding next years choice for Defense professor, the man is hiring the werewolf Remus Lupin. I'm not in the least bit thrilled by that but I won't have Lucius fight it. Having Pettigrew pretend to be the Weasley's pet rat was a better idea than I at first thought it would be.

One of my Death Eaters will be filling a post next year, Lucius convinced the Board of Governors that having a ghost for a professor is foolish. As of September first there will be a new professor for History of Magic, I won't tell you who just yet.

I know we've already discussed the Aurors at Hogwarts situation and like I said before, don't draw their attention. Continue with what you've been doing, but remember to destroy the diary if things get to a point where the school will be shut down. In the package that was delivered with this letter there is a small dagger laced with basilisk venom. If you stab my diary with it then it will be destroyed. I know you were planning on it destroying it in a different manner if it came down to it, but this would be the easiest way.

I hope you enjoyed your holidays so far, Nagini has missed you. Be careful around the old man.

Father

Harrison internally sighed in relief that no important Death Eater was taken. He had known his Aunt Bella or Uncle Lucius hadn't been captured, their captures would've definitely been included in the article. But one of the Death Eaters he cared about could've been, and he was glad to learn they hadn't. He handed the letter to Draco who had been looking at the parchment curiously. Harrison grabbed the small package and placed it in his pocket. The blonde handed it back when he was done and Harrison lit it on fire. He noticed Ron watching the action from across the round table and he smirked at the boy whose blue eyes narrowed.