Chapter 56

Prove it. Tom hissed as he took a step closer to Harrison.

I got in the chamber didn't I? Harrison hissed.

The boy was right, only a Parseltongue could enter the chamber. The only reason Ginny could was because she was possessed by someone who spoke the noble language. Tom eyed Harrison critically, he seemed completely unfazed, like he didn't have a care in the world. However the boys Parseltongue ability could be just some sort of fluke, an accident of his birth. He wasn't considered a genius for no reason, he wasn't just going to take the boys word for it. Tom pointed his wand at Harrison's chest and a jet of white light shot from it and hit Harrison square in the chest. Harrison didn't react other than to raise an eyebrow. A white light swirled around Harrison for a moment before words began to form over his head in white misty letters.

Harrison Salazar Riddle

Born: July 31, 1980

Father: Tom Marvolo Riddle

Tom was normally a very composed and controlled person, he had been able to control his emotions and facial expressions since he was a small child. However when he saw the results of the paternity spell prove that the boys words were true he couldn't stop his eyes from widening a small fraction. He had never wanted children, but the proof that he had a son was standing in front of him wearing Slytherin robes. Slowly Tom lowered his wand but he didn't take his eyes off of Harrison. He only wanted to kill his heir if the boy was foolish enough to try something against him, no doubt the boy would have some uses.

"So you are my heir," Tom murmured as his eyes roamed over the boy. "That would explain why we look so similar." Harrison continued to wear his amused expression but Tom ignored it. "I never wanted an heir." He said more to himself than to Harrison, the boy didn't appear to have heard him and if he did he didn't react. "This will make things more interesting." His blue eyes locked with Harrison's green and possibilities swam through his mind. "What are you doing down here?" Tom inquired. "No doubt that old fool Dumbledore will be doing a head count of the students."

"My father wants me to retrieve or destroy the diary before Dumbledore can get it," Harrison said simply as though talking about the weather. "If you come back or if he finds the diary in tact he'll know my father made Horcruxes, that is if he doesn't already. If he does he won't know how many, and if he finds this one and destroys it he'll know there's more than one."

Tom's blood boiled and his handsome face looked ugly as it contorted in rage. He spent fifty years in that diary and he wasn't going to go back. He didn't care about the boy in front of him, he may be the future Tom's son but he sure as hell wasn't his. He raised his wand and began a barrage of spells, Harrison quickly dodged them as he pulled out his own wand.

"Avada Kedavra!" Tom cried out and a jet of sickly green light shot towards Harrison's head.

Harrison ducked as the green light sailed over his head. "Säure werfen!" A ball of acid flew from Harrison's wand and Tom easily side swept it. Spells continued to be exchanged with neither one successfully hitting the other. The curses gradually became darker and more complex and the air was crackling with magic.

Tom could admit that the boy had exceptional talent, no doubt from being raised by his future self. It was infuriating how the boy seemed to know what spell he was going to cast next, it must be from dueling with his future self. Tom grinned when Harrison conjured a snake made entirely of fire, thirteen feet long the snake hissed as the flames that made up the body crackled. The snake lunged at Tom who conjured a shield of water causing the snake to hiss furiously.

Never set a snake on a Parselmouth regardless of whether or not it isn't a true snake. Tom hissed dangerously. Attack him. He hissed to the snake and the snake froze not knowing whose orders to take.

Dually noted. Harrison hissed furiously as he vanished the snake.

Spells were exchanged for what seemed like an eternity. The various colors illuminated the chamber and Tom could feel himself becoming more solid as the seconds ticked by. Tom was caught off guard and a spell sliced his arm eliciting a hiss of pain. Tom's eyes narrowed as he sent spell after spell and grinned victoriously when Harrison went flying backwards. He stalked forward like a cheetah hunting prey and he stood over the crumpled form of his future son. Harrison's robes were covered in blood and his robes were ripped open showing a long sword like cut with blood pouring like water from it covering his entire torso. The boy's already light complexion was paling and his green eyes burned with hatred. Tom's lips curved into a cruel smirk.

"Impressive for one so young," Tom murmured. "But did you truly think you could defeat me?" He looked up at the damp ceiling and laughed a high cruel laugh.

"Go to hell," Harrison growled.

Tom stopped laughing as he heard a whooshing noise. He looked down and his eyes widened, in Harrison's hand was a ruby hilt incrusted dagger and next to him was his diary. He leaped forward but froze when the dagger pierced the cover of the leather bound diary. Tom felt his entire body erupt in pain and he let out an ear splitting scream as Harrison stabbed the diary for the second time. Tom yelled as his body began to disappear and pain beyond imagination consumed him. The last thing he saw was the killing curse green eyes glaring at him.