Chapter 68

Harrison flipped through the black dragon hide note book. His father stared at him from the opposite side of Tom's desk, a glass of Firewhiskey in his hand. There were thirteen identical notebooks stacked on the desk in front of him. The names Draco, Blaise, Leo, Theo, Daphne, Tracey, Jenna, Pansy, Cass, Luna, Hermione, Fred, George and Neville were written on the spine in neat silver lettering. Harrison sat the notebook down and looked up at his dad.

"These are brilliant," Harrison said seriously. "And you're sure no one will be able to read what we write in them?" Tom looked at him through narrowed eyes and Harrison looked at him sheepishly, his father hated it when he questioned him.

"I'm sure," Tom said stiffly. "All you must do is write the name of the person who you'd like to write to on the first line of the page, as long as they own one of these notebooks. Only the one who you intend to receive the letter will. If you want everyone to receive the letter than put no name on the first line. Only the one who owns the book may read the contents and after an hour the words will disappear. I charmed each of them to match the magical signature of you and your friends with a Parseltongue spell. I also have one, as does Lucius, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Rudolphus and Rabastan. This will be much easier than sending letters and Dumbledore won't be able to read anything we send this way."

"I'm surprised you made Hermione one," Harrison said as his eyes flickered to the notebook on the bottom. Tom's lips thinned as he pushed his glass to the side.

"I knew you would want her to have one," Tom told him, a slight hint of disapproval in his tone. Harrison knew that even though his father was allowing Muggle-borns into the world he wanted to create he still wasn't their biggest fan, especially not when Harrison was close to one.

"Thank you for these," Harrison told him as he began putting them in his black silk pouch with the exception of his and Luna's. He looked back at his father and noticed that he once more looked like he was in a bad mood, he had looked that way almost all summer. Harrison had spent some alone time with Tom this summer and that was the only time Tom didn't seem frustrated but right now he looked annoyed. Tom hadn't told him exactly why he was like that, only that it had something to do with Dumbledore, the Order and some prisoners who wouldn't talk. "Are you okay father?"

"Yes," Tom answered smoothly. Anyone else would've believed him but Harrison didn't, but he knew better than to ask. Tom was a master at evading questions he didn't want to answer. His father stood up, waved his hand and the glass of Firewhiskey disappeared. "I have business to attend to, I'll see you in the morning. If you see Luna tell her I said good evening." Harrison watched as his father swept from the room, his robes billowing in a fashion that reminded him oddly of Snape. Harrison picked up his and Luna's notebooks and headed up to his bedroom. He looked down at the dragon hide covers and momentarily wondered why his father hadn't made Susan one, her and Harrison had been dating for almost a month now. He assumed it was because Tom didn't know if she could be trusted since she didn't know who Voldemort really was yet.

Harrison reached his room and spent the next three hours double checking to make sure the house elves packed all of his things properly. When he pulled open the compartment of his trunk that held his books he had to stun his Care of Magical Creatures book. He scowled, his father had told him the oaf Hagrid was going to be teaching that class. It had made sense, no one else would be foolish enough to assign a biting book. His father also told him that the werewolf Remus Lupin would be teaching at Hogwarts, but he still wouldn't tell him who would be teaching History of Magic or who the Deputy Headmistress would be. Harrison had been shocked to find out that Hagrid and Remus would be teaching at Hogwarts, Hagrid as the game keeper was bad enough, but a werewolf? Dumbledore was practically asking for something bad to happen. Harrison's friends hadn't taken the news any better, he thought Draco was going to explode with how red the usually pale boy had turned. They all asked their parents why Tom, Lucius or someone else wasn't doing something about it. They all responded by saying something along the lines of it helping to show what a fool Dumbledore is. Harrison stopped complaining after that, it would show the world that Dumbledore had poor judgement if because of one of them a student was hurt. Especially after everything that had happened over the past two years.

Since the day after Harrison's birthday Susan had been coming over almost every day. Harrison would train in the mornings, spend time with his friends in the afternoon and then Susan would come over or he would go to Bones Manor at night. Amelia surprisingly allowed her to stay over until ten and Amelia allowed him to stay at Bones Manor until eleven. Normally afterwards one of his guy friends would come to stay the night or he would go to one of their houses and they would rag on him. Blaise especially liked to make sexual jokes about the new couple even though all they had done was make out. During a trip to Diagon Alley a week after Harrison's birthday, he was with Susan and Draco when they ran into Susan's best friend Hannah Abbott who was invited to join them. Harrison was surprised when by the time they returned home Draco and Hannah were officially a couple. Draco had told Harrison before he thought she was cute but Harrison was surprised he would date a Hufflepuff, after all he couldn't recall a time when Draco said anything nice about any of them.