Chapter 90

"Everyone gather around," Snape barked as he walked into the Slytherin common room. His black robes billowing behind him. Harrison looked up from his seat in the middle of the common room. Snape looked angry and Harrison knew immediately that it meant they hadn't captured Sirius. Once all of the Slytherins were paying attention Snape surveyed the room before speaking. "As you've been told by now Sirius Black has been sighted in Hogsmeade." Murmurs broke out amongst the students, some curious and others worried. Everyone went silent after a harsh glare from their head of house. "Aurors and dementors," several of the younger students shivered at the mention of the horrifying creatures, "have searched Hogsmeade and the surrounding area. As of now Sirius Black remains at large. Due to Black being sighted so near to the school, until further notice all Hogsmeade privileges are suspended."

"What?" Blaise echoed incredulously. Everyone turned to look at the third year. Some of the students were looking at him as though he had a death wish. Harrison saw Pansy grimace and glance at Snape. The Potions masters lips thin and his black eyes glint with annoyance.

"You heard me Mr. Zabini," Snape said quietly. Harrison shot Blaise a silencing look, if Snape was using his last name than he was more than angry.

"Shut up," Leo muttered under his breath. Blaise quickly masked his expression into one of indifference.

"As I was saying before I was interrupted," Snape continued silkily. "I will inform you of any new developments that I deem you need to know. During this time the prefects, along with the head boy and girl will have increased responsibilities. Also, aurors," he sneered the word, "will be stationed around the school." Harrison rolled his eyes but remained silent. The aurors hadn't done much good in previous years, he doubted they would be much help now. "If there are no questions..." Snape trailed off as he spun around on his heel not bothering to see if anyone had a question. The room was silent for a minute after Snape left until suddenly conversations broke out around the room.

"Why do you think Sirius Black was in Hogsmeade?" Jenna asked as she nervously played with the bracelet on her wrist. Harrison's friends looked to him as though he would have the answer.

"He's most likely trying to get into Hogwarts," Harrison said absentmindedly. He noticed Jenna's eyes go wide and internally sighed. "He's of no threat to us. You know as well as I that he was as light as they come, he wouldn't harm children. He's one Black who isn't as dark as his name."

"He's a disgrace to the Black name," Leo spat. No one contradicted the youngest male Lestrange.

"He's probably gone crazy," Theo interjected. "After all he's spent twelve years in Azkaban with no one to talk to, and surrounded by nothing besides stone and dementors." Daphne shivered and subconsciously pulled her light blue cloak tight around her thin body.

"He can't be that crazy," Harrison amended. "No crazy person would be smart enough to break out of a supposedly impenetrable island prison."

"So what does he want at Hogwarts?" Draco asked as he glanced around at his friends.

"I don't know," Harrison murmured.