Chapter 41

For a few days, the school could talk of little but the attack on Mrs. Norris. Filch kept it fresh in everyone's minds by pacing the spot where she had been attacked, as though he thought the attacker might come back. Harrison had seen him scrubbing the message on the wall with "Mrs. Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover", but to no effect; the words still gleamed as brightly as ever on the stone. Harrison knew he shouldn't waste his time, the writing would only disappear when the basilisk was put back to sleep or killed. When Filch wasn't guarding the scene of the crime, he was skulking red-eyed through the corridors, lunging at unsuspecting students and trying to put them in detention for things like "breathing loudly" and "looking happy". Cormac McLaggen complained loudly about receiving a detention for "not walking properly".

The Slytherins and the Ravenclaws on the dark side were the only students who seemed unfazed by the incident. Those on the dark side knew that Harrison was Voldemort's son making him an heir of Slytherin, he was asked multiple times if he had opened the chamber. Every time he was asked he would answer in the negative before excusing himself to walk away, finally they all took the hint and stopped asking. Some of the Slytherins took to sending the Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors superior and knowing looks upon which they would receive suspicious and hateful ones. The animosity between Slytherin and Gryffindor was at an all time high because of it. Several duels broke out in the corridors between the older students that had to be broken up by the professors.

Harrison noticed that Dumbledore would watch him intently at meals. He avoided the headmaster and made sure his face never gave away what he was thinking. Harrison made sure to always be with at least two people so if another attack occurred he wouldn't be blamed. He would also make sure to talk to his friends from the other three houses in front of the professors, especially the Weasley twins, Neville and Hermione.

A few days after Halloween Professor Binns explained to Harrison's class the legend of the Chamber of Secrets. Hermione had asked about it and after some prompting the professor had given in. Harrison rolled his eyes several times through the drawn own speech that made Salazar Slytherin out to be some sort of psycho. Although he did have to reluctantly admit it was the most interesting History of Magic class he had ever experienced.

The day of the first Quidditch match of the season came and the entire school was buzzing with anticipation. As eleven o'clock approached, the whole school started to make its way down to the Quidditch stadium. It was a muggy sort of day with a hint of thunder in the air. Harrison cast mild warming charms on his green Quidditch robes and dragon hide gloves.

As they walked out onto the pitch, a roar of noise greeted them; half of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were cheering for Slytherin, the other half for Gryffindor. Ever since Harrison and his friends began hanging around with several Hufflepuffs, the Hufflepuffs have been less wary of the Slytherins, or at least some of them. A large majority were hesitant to be unguarded around the Slytherins after the attack on Mrs. Norris. Harrison could see Luna wearing his practice jersey, it hung down to her knees. He could see his familiar lounging around her shoulders, Nani's head bopping up and down. Hermione was enthusiastically waving a green flag with a serpent on it back and forth, Draco was glaring at her from a few seats down.

Madam Hooch, the flying teacher, asked Marcus and Oliver to shake hands, which they did, giving each other threatening stares and gripping rather harder than was necessary. Lucian Bole and Peregrine Derrick smirked threateningly at the three female Gryffindor chasers. Harrison looked at the Weasley twins who were wearing Gryffindor Quidditch robes that clashed horribly with their hair, they gave him a nod. He knew what it meant, they were his friends but they wouldn't go easy on him. Harrison smirked, he didn't want or need for anyone to not do their best while playing against him.

"On my whistle," said Madam Hooch, "three ... two ... one ..." With a roar from the crowd to speed them upwards, the fourteen players rose towards the leaden sky.

Harrison flew up until he was level with the tallest of the golden goal posts. His eyes scanned the gray sky for any hint or flicker of gold. He ignored everyone around him and blocked out the commentary from the Weasley twins' friend Lee Jordan until he heard the Slytherin section in the stands burst into loud cheers. He turned his broom around towards the Gryffindors goal posts and saw Abraham Montague pump his fist into the air while Oliver Wood scowled.

"Slytherin scores!" Lee Jordan announced. "Ten to zero." The Gryffindors boos could be heard mixed in with the cheers. "Alexander Dolohov with the Quaffle, he passes to Marcus Flint who passes back to Dolohov." Once again Harrison tuned out the commentary.

Harrison flew lower before having to zoom up as a Bludger came soaring towards him courtesy of Fred. Before he could blink a second Bludger was shooting towards his head from George. Harrison immediately pulled his broom right and shot down towards the dew covered pitch. It was times like these he wished those two had been sorted into Gryffindor, they could give Peregrine and Derrick a run for their money. He couldn't blame them for sending Bludgers his way, the first rule of Quidditch was to take the Seeker out first.

Harrison flew around the pitch several times and watched as Slytherin scored once more. He was hovering in the middle of the pitch when someone slammed into him. He gripped his broom tightly and snapped his head around to see Cormac sneering at him. He felt his temper rise but his face didn't show it instead it remained set in a neutral expression. He also pushed down the urge to knock him off his broom, that would see him in detention for a month or worse.