Chapter 16

Harrison waved to Luna from inside the Hogwarts Express. He promised her that he'd write to her at least once a week so they could get to know each other better. They had spent most of the Christmas holidays together learning about each other and she spent some time with his best friends. They all appeared to like her, even the two he had been worried about, Leo and Blaise. She was a pureblood so they gave her a chance to prove she belonged. She had charmed them all and Harrison soon realized that his Aunt Bella was right, appearances can be deceiving. Her innocent face and dreamy voice made her out to be a helpless little girl. In reality she could be quite devious and manipulative.

His father, however, didn't get to see her too often. The day after Christmas Tom led his inner circle on a raid that resulted in the death of three aurors and sent a dozen more to St. Mungo's. Rabastan had been hit by an auror, but he was able to portkey back to Riddle Manor. The next day, screaming could be heard from the Death Eater meeting room and that night Nagini told him that Tom fed her two muggle woman who had been used as a demonstration. A demonstration of what he didn't know, but the look on Antonin Dolohov's and Walden Macnair's faces as they left the room was enough to tell him the two woman had felt a lot of pain if their gleeful looks were anything to go by.

He had asked Luna how she felt about everything and she said she didn't mind. She told him that she had known what to expect and the screaming didn't bother her. She had a gleam in her normally cloudy eyes that reminded him of Bellatrix and it caught him off guard.

The train took off and Blaise challenged Harrison to a game of exploding snap. Ten minutes into the game Harrison's three least favorite Gryffindors opened the door. Harrison's eyes narrowed when he saw the superior looks on their faces.

"Can we help you?" Leo asked coolly.

"We just came to tell you that you'll want to watch out," Ron said smugly.

"For what?" Harrison asked in a bored tone.

"My brothers taught me some spells over the break," Ron replied with an air of superiority that only looked good on a Slytherin.

"Congratulations," Theo drawled without looking up from his book.

"What'd they teach you?" Blaise asked with mock interest. "How to cast the disarming spell?"

Ron's face turned red as the Slytherins snickered. Ron pulled out his wand, the Slytherins saw the motion and they all pulled theirs out in sync. Ron paled when he saw ten wands pointed back at him. Seamus and Dean pulled theirs out and pointed them at Leo and Draco respectively.

"There's ten of us," Harrison said slowly. "And there are three of you." He put on a thoughtful look. "I highly doubt you'll win."

Blaise snorted. "He wouldn't win if only one of us had are wands out."

"Stupefy!" Ron shouted and Harrison threw up a shield.

"Really Ronald?" Harrison asked with a smirk. "You tried that one last term and it didn't work then either."

"Reducto!" Ron shouted.

The spell missed the Slytherins who had all thrown shields up and hit the window. There was a loud crashing sound and the glass blew outwards. All of the Slytherins narrowed their eyes.

"You're very lucky that the spell knocked the glass outside of the train," Harrison said in a quiet but dangerous voice.

"What's going on here?" A tall red head with curly hair and horned rimmed glasses asked. Harrison saw a prefect badge on his chest and knew that he must have been Percy Weasley.

"Ronald here decided to come to our compartment and curse us with spells he said his brothers taught him," Harrison answered before the Gryffindors could speak. "He missed of course," Leo smirked while Ron's hands balled into fists,"and hit our window instead."

Percy turned to his brother who was now as red as his hair.

"They got away with everything last term," Ron said angrily.

"So you decided to curse them?" Percy demanded looking both angry and embarrassed.

"They're Slytherins!" Ron exclaimed as though that explained everything.

"I-" Percy began but he was cut off.

"What's going on?" Gracelyn Derrick asked. "I heard an explosion." She looked at the broken window and frowned, when she saw the Gryffindors her eyes narrowed. "Weasley, what did you do?"

Percy puffed up with indignation. "I didn't do anything Derrick." He gave his brother a sharp look. "My brother apparently tried to curse them and broke their window instead."

Gracelyn glared at the three Gryffindors. "The three of you just lost Gryffindor ten points each and you'll all be serving two detentions with Snape."

"You can't do that!" Ron shouted.

"We didn't do anything," Seamus pointed out angrily.

"You two joined him and didn't do anything to stop him," Gracelyn said harshly. "And I'm head girl, I'm allowed to deduct points and assign detentions. Now go back to your compartment."

Ron turned to Percy. "Percy-"

Percy cut him off. "You deserve the punishment Ron, they didn't do anything to you." He glanced at Gracelyn who was watching him closely. "And I'm writing to mother."

Ron's eyes went wide. "You can't do that!"

"I can and I will," Percy said stiffly before leaving the compartment.

"I said leave," Gracelyn said sharply to the three Gryffindors.

The three boys shot the Slytherins one last glare before leaving.

"Reparo," Gracelyn said with a wave of her wand. The window mended itself and she smiled in satisfaction. "Try not to get into anymore trouble."

"They started it," Blaise reminded her.

Gracelyn rolled her eyes as she left the compartment.

Leo's smirk grew as the door shut behind her. "We aren't even at Hogwarts and those fools lost their house points."

"They're Gryffindors," Theo said as he picked up his book. "What do you expect?"

1-Tom Riddle has a public image of a rich generous man. Only Dumbledore and the Death Eaters know Voldemort is Tom Riddle.