Chapter 8

Harrison grabbed his broom and headed down to the changing rooms. Harrison got dressed in his green Slytherin uniform, Gryffindor would be playing in scarlet. He watched as Peregrine Derrick, and Lucian Bole swung around their beater bats until Marcus called for their attention.

Marcus cleared his throat. "Today we're playing Gryffindor." There were hisses from keeper Miles Bletchley and chasers Abraham Montague and Alexander Dolohov. "Oliver Wood is a good keeper and unfortunately those Weasley twins are good with beater bats,but I know that we're better. They also have a second year as their seeker, his names Cormac McLaggen. Arrogant little toe rag he is." Peregrine and Lucian chuckled as Marcus turned to Harrison. "I want you to wait until we're at least fifty points up to catch the snitch unless their seeker is about to catch it or it looks like we need to end the game quickly. Peregrine and Lucian, I want you two to knock those Gryffindors off their brooms, and Miles, you better not let any shots pass you. Last year Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet were a forced to be reckoned with. I don't know about the new girl Katie Bell,but from what I hear, she works well with the other two girls. Last year we only beat Gryffindor by twenty points because of their chasers, that will not happen this year." He looked at them as if to say or else.

"We'll knock them out of the air before they can score too much," Peregrine smirked.

"Good," Flint nodded. "Now let's get out there and kick some Gryffindor ass."

Harrison followed Lucian and Marcus out of the locker room; they walked onto the field to loud cheers. He looked around and spotted his friends sitting in the Slytherin section which wasn't surprising. What was surprising was that Hermione, Susan, Hannah, and Neville were with them. He could see some of the older Slytherins giving the non-Slytherin first years odd looks, but Harrison found it amusing. They were holding a sign that said 'Go Riddle' that flashed from green to silver with golden snitches all over it. He internally smiled figuring Hermione or Daphne did the charms on the colors. Those in the Slytherin section wore green scarfs while the Gryffindor supporters wore scarlet ones. Even Snape forewent his usual black and instead wore bottle green robes causing Harrison to do a double take. He would need to put this memory in a pensive.

Madam Hooch was refereeing; she stood in the middle of the field waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" Yelled the commentator, a black boy with dreadlocks. "McLaggen, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley,Weasley, and Wood." The Gryffindor section cheered while those clad in green and silver booed. "And here comes the Slytherin team!" The Slytherins cheered. "Riddle, Flint, Dolohov, Montague, Bletchley, Bole, and Derrick!"

"Now,I want a nice fair game,all of you," she said,once they were all gathered around her. Harrison noticed she seemed to be particularly talking to Marcus and he had to stop himself from rolling his eyes, that would never happen. "Mount your brooms, please."

Harrison elegantly got onto his Nimbus Two Thousand. Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle. Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off.

"And the quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor -what an excellent chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too -"

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry Professor."

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet...back to Johnson and...no, the Slytherins have taken the quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gains the quaffle and off he goes...Flint flying like an eagle up there...he's going to sc...no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor keeper Wood and the Gryffindors take the quaffle...that's chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nice dive around Flint, off up the field and -OUCH -that must have hurt, hit in the back of the head by a bludger...quaffle taken by the Slytherins...that's Alexander Dolohov speeding off toward the goal posts and...SLYTHERIN SCORES!" There were loud cheers from the Slytherins as well as the majority of Ravenclaw and a few Hufflepuffs.