School Spirit Part 1

Captain Fuller gave me my new assignment while I was in his office. I glanced down at my file and looked up at him with a snarled lip. "A cheerleader? I have to pose as a cheerleader?"

"Yes, ma'am," Fuller said while shuffling papers around at his desk. "There was a murder of one of the girls on the cheer squad of South Fernfield High. I want you to get in with them and see if they know anything."

"Wasn't I at Fernfield just last week?" I asked, recalling the drug deal that Tom and I busted very recently.

"That was East Fernfield, a different school but they are in the same district."

"Why a cheerleader?" I asked, cringing at the idea.

"Hey, I don't choose who gets murdered," Fuller said, "if it was someone on the basketball team, you'd become a basketball player. We need someone on the squad and I don't think Penhall would be too pleased taking that job. No one wants to see him in a skirt."

"But why me?" I asked.

"'Cause I looked at your transcript in high school and saw your extracurriculars, and if anyone can pass as a high school cheerleader is a former cheerleader. Which reminds me—" his voice boomed, "—Hanson! Get in here!"

Tom came in and shut the door behind him. "You called me, coach?"

Fuller handed Tom a file and said, "your name is now Tommy Wilson. Star quarterback from East Northumberland High. According to Jenko's evaluations, you two work well together and I like the results from what I've seen from the two of you so far. You and Gregg will pose as athletes. Hanson, you will get close with the prime suspect."

"Who is that?" Tom asked as he flipped through the papers.

"The deceased's boyfriend. His name is Gavin, and he is on the football team. His yearbook photo is on the third page."

"Of course he is." Tom chewed his gum silently.

"Wait, football?" I asked. "It's March."

Fuller shrugged and said, "the school district is trying to make football a year-round sport. I don't know, it's their first year trying this but I don't see it lasting long."

"Great," Tom stated sarcastically.

"Get on with it. I don't want to hear nothing from you two until you come back with a closed case," Fuller ordered.

Tom and I walked out and Judy was waiting for us with a giddy smile on her face. She handed us our uniforms.

"I have to put this on now?" I asked, glaring down at the pleated skirt. I could hurl. I never want to put one of these on again.

I was not planning on this when I came to work today.

"School starts soon, hop to," Judy said, almost sounding excited that she didn't have to do this.

"If I come out looking like a dork, it's on you."

"You won't, you'll look great."

I nearly groaned as I went into the bathroom to change, and I walked out wearing a fitting blue and white cheerleading outfit and I uncomfortably straightened out my short pleated skirt. The uniform was completed with white Wigwam slouch socks, and white sneakers. The top was blue button down, thick and short sleeved, like a vest. Underneath, I wore a blue long sleeved shirt made of a thin material. The skirt was a pleated, but with added color striping around the bottom hem. The skirt ended at my mid-thigh, and was alternating blue and white.

"Oh-ho-ho," Doug whistled jokingly, "look at you."

"Think fast," Judy said while throwing giant white pom-poms at me. I caught them and rolled my eyes.

21 Jump Street (Tom Hanson)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara