Tom and Mickey's Date

I stood in my living room putting on my earrings, using the full length mirror I have leaning against my wall when I heard a knock at my door. I did not rush to answer it, but when I did, Tom was standing there with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Hey," he said dreamily. He wore a dark blue sweater and a gray blazer with a light blue collar poking out. He handed me the bouquet and I took it delicately.

"It's beautiful

"It's beautiful." I smelled it and smiled up at him and went in for a friendly hug.

"You look... wow-ee," he chuckled nervously after we pulled apart from our embrace.

I welcomed him in and shut the door behind him. I could feel myself blush, and I was mentally kicking myself. I just hoped that he couldn't see it. He looked so handsome.

"I am almost ready," I said as I walked back to the living room to grab my shoes. They were black heels, but they weren't that tall. I wore a classic little black dress with classy little white pearls around my neck. I was not used to getting this dressed up, especially around Tom. He's seen me at my worst, which seems less embarrassing than this. We've gotten dressed up before for this restaurant so I don't know what made tonight feel so different. I was almost nervous, but he's one of my closest friends. I had no reason to be nervous around him... why was I nervous? Tom has a girlfriend!

Even though he hasn't asked me to, I've found myself waiting for him. I know it'll never be, but I've been bottling that feeling that he gives me and I have shelved it in my mind. It could be there for years. I just have such a love for Tom. I'd tie a lasso around the moon and bring it down for him.

"Our reservation isn't for a bit, so you don't have to rush," he said and checked his watch before his eyes widened at the time. "Or maybe we can aim to get out the door in a few minutes."

I sat on the couch to slip my heels on, and when I stood up I made sure I wasn't going to wobble before I began walking around to grab my other effects. These heels are new, so I haven't had a chance to break them in yet.

"I'll put this in water," I said. I recently washed my vase, so I filled it with water and put the brown and green flowers in the vase and arranged them aesthetically. I set it on my table and smiled at their beauty. I was curious why he picked green and brown, they aren't typical flower colors but they were uniquely beautiful.

I had to head towards Tom to get my coat from the hook next to him, and even in heels he was still taller than me. I lifted my black trench coat off the hook and draped it over my arm.

"Ready to go?" He asked with an instant smile.

His charming smile is contagious. I smiled back and said, "yeah, let's go."

He linked his arm to mine and we walked down the hall after I locked my apartment door. He hilariously took giant steps down the hallway, still linked with me so I had to double my speed to keep up with him, and we were laughing the whole time. We took the elevator, and we kept goofing off all the way to his Mustang.