More Drug Dealers

"Put your guns down!" I shouted as I jumped out from behind the wall, pointing my gun at the group of drug dealers. Tom and I had posed as ex-boyfriend and girlfriend at Golden Valley College as a way to bond with the drug dealers and find the supplier. It led us to an abandoned warehouse, where they were meeting to discuss selling their drugs at other universities in the state. The supplier was there, along with five dealers.

Tom overlapped his command with mine, "fucking guns down!"

One of the students squinted at us. "Curtis?"

"My name's not Curtis, it's Hanson. And guess what? We're cops," Tom said as if he just dropped the biggest plot twist of the century.

"Boom," I said with a tilt of my head, still pointing my gun at them.

"Drop your guns!" Tom shouted.

"Drop yours first," one of the dealers said. His name was Evan, and I took a physics class with him while I was undercover. He had long black hair, and always wore a red hoodie.

"No," Tom scoffed.

"We have way more guns than you. Drop your fucking guns," the supplier shouted at us. The supplier was not another student, but he was the father of one of the students.

"Okay, that's a good point," I said defeatedly with a sigh. I slowly put my gun down while looking toward Tom.

"Wow," Tom said and followed suit. We stood back up slowly, with our hands over our heads.

"You guys are friends? I thought you said that you hated him," one of the drug dealers asked me.

Tom's head slowly turned to me and he asked humorously, "you got something to tell me?"

"I think we have bigger things to worry about," I stated.

"I mean, was this really your entire plan? Coming in here with no backup?" One of the students asked, not close to taking their guns down.

"Or maybe we had a far more elaborate plan," I said and raised my eyebrows.

"Mm-hm," Tom mumbled with a nod.

"Maybe my partner has a tracking device in his pocket right now," I revealed.

"May—what?" Tom asked, turning toward me.

I said in a low voice, "you had the tracking device."

He shook his head. "I don't have it."

I groaned under my breath. "That was literally the one thing you were supposed to remember."

"We never agreed to that," he said just as low.

"Yes, you did. I asked you, 'do you have the tracking device' and you said, 'yes'," I argued. The drug dealers and the supplier were looking at us with tilted heads, too distracted by our conversation to see through our little plan.

"You're the girl, you're supposed to remember these things," Tom snapped.

"He did not just say that," one of the drug dealers snickered.

I played off that comment, "oh, you did not just say that."

"Uh-huh, I did."

"This is exactly like last winter when—"

Tom rolled his eyes but they were eating it up. "Here we go, all this again. We've discussed this. Doug had to sleep outside in the snow!"

"Because you wouldn't let him in since he forgot his key!" I stated.