The Red River Strangler Part 2 ⚠️

⚠️ This chapter is gonna be a little gory toward the end of the middle 😣 read with caution if you're not a fan of that ⚠️

Mickey's POV

Tiffany and I sat on the cold hard cement floor of the basement of the man who picked us up from the Evergreen Highway. She recognized him as her freshman history teacher, and I realized that was how he was tricking these girls into his home. He was their teacher, so they trusted him. Then, he would siphon their gas and be there to "rescue" them, just as he did for us the night before... It was so well thought out, and diabolical.

I was getting hungry, and we had no idea how long we had been down there for. Mr. Ray kept a dim overhead light on 24/7, and there were no windows.

We were talking to each other softly when we heard the basement door squeak open. We both froze and started hearing heavy footsteps come down the stairs.

"Duct tape," I said in a harsh whisper, using my knee to press the tape back over my lips.

He was down before Tiffany had a chance to put the duct tape back over her mouth. Mr. Ray came down, wearing the same thick jacket I saw him in earlier. In his hands were two trays of food for us, but he froze when he noticed Tiffany frantically trying to put the tape back over her lips.

He growled, "are you trying to escape?"

Tiffany began sobbing again and started begging him to let her go. I stayed silent, trying to accurately assess the situation but I could feel my heart rapidly beating with every second he was down there with us. I felt utterly helpless.

He walked over to me with a scowl but set the food down by my hips and he leaned toward me to take off the duct tape.

I sniffed as soon as he ripped it off and tried to keep my composure. "Why are you doing this?"

"Answer, you jackass!" Tiffany shouted to him.

He snapped his neck toward her and marched up to her. He began digging in his pocket, and eventually pulled out a small silver key.

Tiffany's demeanor changed from angry and spitting insults at him to the most grateful person in the world. She thanked him and promised not to tell anyone, expressing her gratitude through a multitude of expressions.

Mr. Ray released Tiffany's handcuffs so she was finally able to put her hands in her lap. As soon as she did, he leaned down and handcuffed her wrists together again.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked.

Without saying a word, he grabbed the chain of her handcuffs and began walking toward the stairs, dragging her behind him. She began screaming as she tried to fight back, but only to have her dirty socks slip on the concrete floor and she fell to her back. He continued walking while she was twisting from under his grasp.

"Help me! Help me!" Tiffany screeched.

"Nobody can hear you down here," he replied coldly.

"I don't want to die! I don't want to die!" She screeched.

"What are you doing with her?! Let her go! Please, let her go!" I shouted at Mr. Ray as he walked up the stairs. There was nothing else I could do, I felt helpless. Tiffany was fighting back and screaming as he bounced her up the stairs like a doll. Her screams were quickly silenced as soon as the door slammed.