Back From The Future

Based on the episode Back From The Future
Narrator's POV
2037

John Cogan is a younger looking police officer for the Metropolitan Police Department in the year 2037. He has the same issue that Tom Hanson, Mickey Gregg, Doug Penhall, Harry Ioki, and Judy Hoffs all had back in the 1980's: he looks too young to be a cop.

His Captain, Adam Fuller, who was named after his grandfather, told him that there used to be a program in the 1980's called Jump Street. It was a program where younger looking cops could learn how to be teenagers again and take assignments at high schools. He learned that the program was dismantled in the 90's, but it started up again in 2012, however it closed again in the early 2020's, and Cogan decided to interview the old members of the program to try to coax his Captain to start the program back up.

Cogan tracked down all members of the Jump Street program with a list of questions he wanted to ask them. After interviewing everyone individually, he ended with Tom Hanson.

Cogan found Hanson living nearby in Cubicle 6.520. He followed the sound of rock music blasting and opened the door to the cubical by unlocking the room with his handprint. The door slid open, revealing a room full of brightly colored lights and the music intensified.

The silhouette of a hunched, lanky man stepped to the light. He had his hands on his hips, because he assumed that the officer was called due to his neighbor always complaining about how loud his music always is. The old man's shrill voice said, "Officer John Cogan, so, she finally made good on her threats and called you. Well, you can tell her from me that this music was meant to be listened to loud!"

"Mr. Hanson," Cogan said.

Tom didn't listen to him. He continued, "and while you're at it, you can also tell her that I don't much like listening to the Tiffany laser dish she plays day and night." He thrashed his hand around for emphasis. His knees were moving every which way, like noodles, they looked like they were about to pop out of place.

"Mr

"Mr. Hanson, I'm not here about that," Cogan said firmly.

Tom froze and stared at Cogan.

Cogan said to him, "tell me about Jump Street."

Tom came doddering out of his cubical, with a quivering hand. He stepped out of the harsh lights of his cubical so Cogan was able to see him better. He was wearing a green plaid sweater with a red and black scarf wrapped around his frail neck. His hair was gray and crazy, with matching bushy eyebrows. His face was wrinkled with sun spots, but anyone could see that he lived a long and happy life. Tom only waited a moment before he said, "well, do you want to talk in the hallway like two bums or something?" Cogan just stared back at him so Tom bluntly ordered, "get in here."

"