Drugs for the Dance Team

I walked into the East High School main office and looked through the glass windows. I noticed Tom filling out paperwork to begin his classes there, but I had to act like I didn't know him.

We were in the same school, but had slightly different assignments. I was going in as Mickey McCormack, joining the dance team to see if the athletes were taking performance enhancing drugs. Tom and Doug were assigned here also, working together with me to see who the suppliers were.

Flashback

"McCormack?" I asked while snarling my lip. The team and I were sitting around at the table, getting our assignments for the day.

"From Footloose," Ioki stated.

"I know where it's from," I said back.

"These nerds are going to smell that it's from Footloose a mile away," Tom stood up for me.

"I don't care," Fuller said, "it's just a last name."

"But I'm joining the dance team," I said.

"We are not changing it," Fuller stated firmly.

"Has anyone told you that you look exactly like a statue?" I asked.

He paused to look at me and he responded, "yes. Go to school."

End Flashback

I walked up to the window and I locked eyes with the woman at the front desk. She gestured to the door, and I didn't realize Tom was sitting in a chair right in front of me until he snapped his head back. I walked past the windows, Tom following me with his head and his eyes until I got to the door.

"Hey, honey," the woman at the front desk said to me

"Hey, honey," the woman at the front desk said to me. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm here to sign up for the dance team," I said. I looked back and saw Tom filling out his paperwork with his legs crossed.

"That's fantastic!" She said excitedly, "you'll have to fill out these forms

"That's fantastic!" She said excitedly, "you'll have to fill out these forms. Take your time."

She handed me a little packet and went into a little storage closet behind her. I sensed Tom walking up behind me. He asked, "you dance?"