Identity Theft

My entire day was scheduled to only fill out boring paperwork. Fuller has been getting on my ass about finishing them lately, so I told him that I wouldn't take another assignment until I had nothing on my desk. I hoped to get it all done in one day.

With this office day, I decided to wear something comfortable. Grey t-shirt and plain denim overalls. I always opt for comfort over style so this wasn't new.

Tom stood at my desk, trying to distract me. He wore his uniform, complete with the dorky hat that we all tease him about. He kept interrupting my thoughts by cracking jokes, spouting random numbers when I was trying to concentrate, and popping bubbles with his gum.

"Hey, if you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?" He asked, one of the many dumb jokes of the morning.

I put my pencil down and planted my elbow on the desk and I propped my chin in my hands. I asked while trying not to smile amusingly at him, "are you going to do this all day?"

All Tom did was wink at me with a scrunch of his nose and his mouth open. He continued chewing his gum, and I laughed and rolled my eyes before I got back to work.

"He annoying you, Mick?" Doug asked, puffing out his chest as he walked up to Tom

"What's it to you?" Tom asked with the same energy.

"I'm the Head of Security around here, Hanson. If you're annoying my officers, I might have to ask you to leave," he joked.

Tom raised his eyebrows to ask, "you're the Head of Security?"

He grunted, "unofficially."

"I can see it," I sided with him.

"Why?" Tom asked.

Judy agreed, "he's more... sturdy."

"And, I can kick your ass, Hanson," Doug stated.

"Oh, yeah?" Tom asked.

"Yeah."

"Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

"Let's see what you got, old timer," Doug said.

"Bring it on, Pepperface. Let's go," Tom said to Doug, getting into a wrestling stance.

"Pepperface?" Doug was thrown off but copied his stance. Then, Doug lunged at Tom and they fell to the ground by my desk. I stood up to see them rolling around until Tom somehow managed to get back on his feet again.

He stood right in front of me with a pleased smile across his face. Then, Doug stood up and snaked his arm around Tom's neck, and his expression changed so fast, it made me laugh. He gripped Doug's elbow with one hand, and with the other he reached out to me. His eyes widened and he began to move his lips like he was going to speak, but nothing came out. All I did was lean backwards slightly. Tom yelped when they slipped back and he landed on Doug. They started wrestling again on the ground, with Doug not releasing Tom's neck.