.119

Beverly Hills, California

Annalisa Green -- July 27th, 1994
Location: 715 N. Alphine Dr; Jolene & Harry's home

"Girl where in the Hell is your shirt?" Aunt Jolene pulled me inside and right into her arms

I giggled, kissing her cheek. "This is my shirt, Aunt Jolene."

"That's a damn bra! You ain't too grown to still get yo' tail whooped," then she smiled at me and lead me to the living room after closing the door. "Now why haven't you came and seen me? I miss my baby girl."

We sat down together, and I waved to her freshly hired maids. "I just came back from the tour, and now I have to get started on this makeup collection."

Aunt Jolene smiled. "I heard about that... on the television" I playfully rolled my eyes. "you ain't too good for me, are you? And where's our man at? He hasn't called either!"

"Well, my man," she rolled her eyes and laughed. "is hopefully at home and still working on his album."

"How's he been doin' since...?"

"From my viewpoint, he's fine," I nodded a little, followed by a shrug. "Once we figured everything out, we havent spoken about it. It's only discussed if his lawyers come to talk about the court date."

Aunt Jolene raised her eyebrows in surprise. "He takin' her to court?"

I nodded. "Yes. He's suing her for defamation of character."

"Oooo chile lemme testify. I'll tell her ass somethin'." That made me laugh loudly. The fact that she was really serious is what made it one hundred times funnier.

"I know you would, Aunt Jolene, but I don't want them to put you out for being honest." I leaned against her. "You know, those people can't take our way of speakin'."

"And you ain't told no lie, baby!" We did a small handshake. "I really hope he's okay, though, neice. It's a special place downstairs for all them people who keep trying to knock him down. Even before I knew him personally, I knew Michael was an angel sent from God to come and help us all. It's really a shame that people finds joy in makin' others' lives miserable."

I nodded in agreement with a sad look on my face. The way the industry works will never sit right with me. Michael is the most pleasant, giving, and humble entertainer in the business, and he's most picked on. I never understood why. These people waste their time trying to ruin him, when they should be thanking him for his efforts in trying to make the world a better place. He's never done anything to anybody, but once money is waved by the noses of greedy pricks, they'd do whatever they can to get it. Even if it means hurting others.

Before I left for the tour, I made a vow with Michael that after the problem with Brooke was solved once and for all, that we would not slip up ever again. I know that Michael's nice and he hates telling people no, but he needs to start putting his foot down. He's the star of the show. Sometimes you have to let people know that so they won't think it's easy to run over you. I want him to have that attitude sometimes. So much stuff can be avoided. So much stress can be prevented.