.49

- we're nearing 6k reads & it's all thanks to you guys. 🤧

———

- no quote inserted

--

Los Angeles, California

Michael Jackson -- May 29th, 1992
Location: 1111 S Figueroa St; Staples Center

Michael Jackson -- May 29th, 1992Location: 1111 S Figueroa St; Staples Center

Ana had also been invited to see this rehearsal as well. But this would be our last one in the states. In two days, we would fly out to Munich to continue rehearsals.

I was more than excited for this tour to happen. Although I was hesitant to do it, it was always great to go and visit different places around the world. To see different cultures and visit the children. It was a wonderful thing.

I just wish that Ana could come along with me, then we wouldn't have to go through the motions of not seeing each other. But I knew that it was easier said than done. As soon as she stepped off that plane with me, her face would be in the news.

And I wanted our privacy to be kept for as long as it possibly can. So her coming on tour with me was out of the question.

I stretched my arm out to my side, queing for the music to stop. But of course, Brad had to be the difficult one this time. Everyone kept playing the music.

"Stop... stop" I formed my hands into a 'T' for timeout. "You know what this means, Brad?"

"It means stop—"

"It means stop," I stated, huffing with the mic up to my lips. "so why didn't you?"

"I wasn't paying attention, boss." Ricky, my drummer laughed from beside him.

I chuckled as well, and pushed my strand of hair away from my eyes. "You have to know when it's time to stop, when it's time to transition, and when it's time to pause. You gotta sense when I'm ready. If you can't, then what are you gonna do?"

Brad sighed softly, holding his hands up. "It won't happen again, Mike."

"I know." I smiled. "Don't worry, you're not fired" he smiled as well. "....yet." Then his smile dropped, making everyone laugh.

"You're serious?" He asked, but I simply turned away, heading off stage for a few minutes.

"We'll resume in thirty minutes, fellas. Get your minds back on track and try to cool down," I said into the mic, as I went to stand in front of Ana. "We have to get this right."

I heard simultaneous okay's and 'yes boss' from everyone as they put their instruments and/or microphones on the floor of the stage, and went to take their break. Ana, who was deeply in tuned with the book she was reading, looked up at me once I towered over her.