.66

- no quote inserted

--

Los Angeles, California

Michael Jackson -- January 25th, 1993
Location: 655 W Jefferson Blvd; Shrine Auditorium

Michael Jackson -- January 25th, 1993Location: 655 W Jefferson Blvd; Shrine Auditorium

This year's American Music Awards was nothing short of amazing. I wasn't a fan of making appearances during the award season, but it comes with the territory. Usually when you're informed of an award nomination and if you've won it, you have to be present to accept it.

I was nominated for many awards this year, but I'd only left with two of them, which was the Best Soul and R&B single award, and the International Artist Award.

Elizabeth was my date to the awards and also my presenter for the International Artist Award. My speech was very short, but loving and genuine. Nothing wouldn't be possible - I wouldn't be where I am now without the love of my fans and supporters. They are truly my heart.

An hour and some minutes later, the ceremony was over, and now it was time for me to go. I had to get some rest so I could be up and ready in time tomorrow. I would be performing halftime for the Superbowl on the thirty-first, and also my Pepsi commercial would be premiering.

As Bill guided me towards the exit, I was stopped by a hand gripping my forearm. I turned around to see Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, both smiling at me.

I smiled back, holding my arms out for a group hug. "It's so good to see you two. Congratulations on your awards."

"Girl got pipes, I tell ya' that much," Whitney grinned, nipping at Mariah's shoulder with her fingers. Mariah blushed.

"Thank you. You should've won something tonight, Whitney. I can't believe they snubbed you like that!" She shook her head. "And you should've won more, Michael. You're the shit."

I laughed, blushing and shyly rubbing my nose. "It's okay, I'm happy with what I've got. We'll get 'em next time."

Whitney nodded in agreement. "And you know we will!"

We talked for a few more minutes, promising to catch up more often before we parted ways. Bobby Brown was having an after party to honor those who'd won and was nominated, and he invited me to go. I refused though, due to my busy schedule, and simply because I wasn't a party animal. I wasn't very fond of Bobby either.

I got inside of the car, next to Karen, ans we were off in the next few minutes. I unbuttoned some of the buttons on my shirt finally breathing out. The awards sat in my lap, and I made a mental note to take them straight to my storage room where the rest were. I was very happy and grateful for the amount of awards I received during my musical career, but it wasn't why I did what I do. I sing and dance because I love it and I want to make others happy, not to win an award and flaunt by having them shown everywhere in my house.