.127

Beverly Hills, California

Annalisa Green -- August 19th, 1994
Location: 715 N. Alphine Dr.

"Girl you had us worried sick!" I let Timmy pull me into a much needed tight hug

"Girl you had us worried sick!" I let Timmy pull me into a much needed tight hug. "We tried to get here as quick as we could, but our boss kept givin' us overtime."

"Yeah!" Missy huffed, pouting soon after. "How are you feelin', boo? Do you need anything?"

I shook my head and gave them a small smile. "I'm fine. Thank you for being here."

"We always here babygirl!" I let out a soft laugh. "You've been our backbone forever. I'd be damned if I wasn't here for you after all we conquered together."

"I second that." Timmy chimed. "We got you forever."

That made me smile. I'm relieved to have a family like mine. We've came a long way but I'm glad that I'm able to cry freely, to feel freely, without feeling like I'm going to be judged for it. I love them so much.

To take my mind off of things, I'm sure, Missy gushed over how her and Timmy were starting to make music together. She recently formed a group with her close friends from back in the day. They went by the name Sistas, which I thought was very beautiful and creative, and Timmy was their main collaborator for now. He made some sick beats so I'm sure that they would blow up soon enough.

Just seeing the genuine smiles on their faces as they talked about being able to do something they loved made me feel high of happiness and so proud. They've lived with Nana and Baba for most of their lives and living with them came with rules. Nana and Baba never really approved of today's music and at times they were not very keen of them making that music. For years they felt conflicted because they didn't want to stop making music, or stop listening to it. But now, since they've moved into their own home, they are free to do so. Especially now, since Aunt Jolene and Uncle Harry are working on moving all of them to California with us.

"You know what I think, Ana?" Missy twirled her fingers in my hair as we now sat on the couches in the living room. I hummed with my eyes closed. "You should come and do a song with us!"

"Yooo', like the old times!"

I quickly shook my head, declining. "I'll leave that to you guys. I can't sing."

Missy frowned. "I call bull to the shit. Baby, you can sing yo' lil ass off!"

"Dance too," Timmy nodded in agreement. "If I know you like I do, I'd think you would enjoy it. Do one song with us, Ana, one. And we ain't gone' ask no more."

"Pleaaaseeeee?"

A groan left my lips, as they both looked me in the eyes with pouts on their faces. Never in a million years would I ever think of singing. It's just not something I'm passionate in. I don't want to go from designing clothes to a sudden music career. It just doesn't feel right to me.