.141

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson — June 8th, 1995
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Michael Jackson — June 8th, 1995Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

It took days of convincing, but we finally did it.

We managed to get Joanna and a few of the children from the hospital we visited a few days ago out to Neverland for a sleepover. The kids were over the moon excited as we rode with them back to the house.

We had a few bed ridden children with us, who couldn't get out of bed to explore. But with some compromising with their nurses, we had them put into some comfy wheelchairs I happened to keep around the house just in case, and they were wheeled along with the rest of us. I just wanted them to come and enjoy themselves, and have the most fun they've had in a while. They have been through so much in so little time. An escape from the world was so needed.

I held Ana's free hand while she carried MJ in her arm as we walked the children down to our zoo. It was well into the evening, we had a nice dinner and the kids practically begged us to go back outside and see everything one more time. We couldn't say no to their precious faces.

A few kids raced passed us to catch up with Macaulay, who decided to be the leader for tonight. My nephews Taj, Taryll, and TJ were here as well for the rest of the week to work on their album. And a few of Ana's little cousins were here also. If my calculations were correct, there were about fourty little energizer bunnies here with us right now. It was for sure going to be an eventful night. 

"Are the animals sleeping, Applehead?" Joanna asked sweetly. Maddy smiled down at her while she pushed her forward. 

"I think so, little Ana," I giggled. "So we'll have to be very quiet once we get there."

"Like a whispering sound?" her voice lowered making me smile. 

I nodded. "Yes, just like this."

Mac talked ahead, announcing that we were almost there and that he could see Louie sleeping, so we for sure had to be quiet. I thanked the Heavens above that I never had to deal with bad children, because as if on que they instantly quieted down. I felt a few little hands clinging onto the back of my shirt as we walked and it made me laugh. 

After a few more steps we finally walked through the entrance to the zoo. Ana switched MJ from one arm to the other which caused me to let go of her hand and wrap my arm around her waist instead. MJ cooed softly laying her head against her chest. 

"Can we see all of them this time?" Another child, Hailey asked with her hands intwined in front of her. 

"Of course," I gave in. "Who do you guys want to see first?"

Quietly and excitedly, they yelled out the different names of my animals. From what I could make out, they wanted to see Bubbles the most. He was much known to the public so I should have known.