.125

New York, New York

Annalisa Green -- August 14th, 1994
Location: 100 E 177th St; Lenox Hill Hospital

Annalisa Green -- August 14th, 1994Location: 100 E 177th St; Lenox Hill Hospital

I had a miscarriage.

They were twins. And one.... didn't make it.

Unknowingly, I'm nearing four months of pregnancy. For four months, two little lives were inside of me. Due to stress unfortunately, and the feeling of a broken heart, I lost one. And it's all his fault.

Since I've been here at the hospital, I couldn't stop crying. I know I should stop but I can't. It just hurt too bad. Without knowing, I was a mother to two babies for four months, and I fucked it up. He fucked it up!

Karen was by my side the entire time, answering calls that I wouldn't. I'm sure everyone at home had gotten the news, as I'm positively certain that this was on the television by now. Unfortunately I had to stay here for a while, to get the fluids to my baby that I just couldn't seem to get to it. The doctors feared that this would be a high risk pregnancy, but they haven't done any tests.

I stared out to the wall in front of me with my hand mindlessly rubbing my stomach. How could I not have known? There definitely was a little bump there, I can feel the hardness of it. How could I be so mindless? Oblivious?

It was too early to feel a kick, but I felt something. I don't know if it was just my mind playing tricks on me. Either way, it made me smile a bit for the first time in a few hours. It reminded me that a had a just bit of hope to hang on for a bit longer. And for the sake of my little one, I have to.

A hand touched my shoulder making me jump. I only relaxed when I realized that it was Karen. I must have been to out of it to notice. I glanced at her, seeing her smiling sadly at me; the only thing she's been doing the entire time we were here, because I felt too ashamed and embarrassed to talk to her like this.

"Your Aunt, Uncle, and Angel are boarding a flight right now." My eyes watered immensely at the mention of Angel's name. "I told them that you didn't want them to go out of their way, like you said, but they insisted anyway."

"... It's okay." I mumbled. "I think I need them here more than ever."

She sat in the chair in front of me and gently grabbed my hand. "A family's love and support is important. I think you'll feel a bit better after seeing them."

I nodded silently. I guess she was right. ".. Thank you.... for being here."

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be, Ana. I'm always here for you whenever you need it, okay?"

"I appreciate that."

The door creaked open, and a voice that I no longer cared to hear evaded my ears. "Ana —"

Karen hopped to my rescue before I could even save myself. "Michael, please come back tomorrow. She doesn't want to see you right now."

"Karen, I just —"