.58

- no quote inserted

--

Temple City, California

Annalisa Green -- November 29th, 1992
Location: 1341 Evergreen St

Annalisa Green -- November 29th, 1992Location: 1341 Evergreen St

In the blink of an eye, 1992 was nearly ending. Time was really flying pass.

For the first time, I can say that I'm entering the new year in a positive light. I was happy and more sure of myself a lot more than I ever was.

But before I could celebrate the new year, I had to celebrate my Aunt's fiftieth birthday. Aunt Jolene was fifty years old today. The golden age.

Even though she was fifty, however, she looked as young as ever. My aunt was one of the most beautiful women I'd ever seen. I guess it was very true what they say: black don't crack.

And to honor her very special day, we decided to have a dinner. Just her, Uncle Harry, and I. She decided to have her party until the weekend. For now, she just wanted to tone it down, and bond with 'her babies', as she would say.

I bothered not getting dressed up. I just wore my regular attire: boxers, sweatpants, and a half shirt. My hair was let down and my face was free of any makeup. I was unapologetically my natural self.

Uncle Harry did the honors of preparing our meal, so I stayed inside of my room until everything was ready. I busied myself, drawing out a sketch in my journal, when my phone started to ring.

I sat my journal and pencil aside before grabbing the phone and putting it to my ear. "Hello?"

"'Ello!," a very strange voice answered on the other end. "is this — is this Annabelle Blue?" I couldn't help myself, I spewed out a laugh.

"No," I continued giggling. "May I ask who's calling, though?"

"Oh, this is your very trusted delivery boy! Bello Blanco." The voice was a little high pitched at the end.

I snickered. "Okay, Bello Blanco. What —"

"You have to say my name exactly like me dear. Bello Blanco," he repeated with the same high pitched tone.

This had to be a prank call. And curse me for entertaining whomever was pranking me.

I rolled my eyes, still laughing here and there. "Okay. Bella Blanco" I repeated. He laughed weirdly. "What do you want?" 

"Well, it's said on papers that Miss Blue lives here. So if you'd like to take her package on her behalf, you can."

"What package?" My eyebrows wrinkled in confusion.