.24

"Its hard to say I miss you, but its easy to show you that I do..."

--

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- December 13th, 1991
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

The year 1991 just went by so fast. One more blink and it would be New Years.

I can say I was actually content with what I've accomplished this year. I'm my biggest hater. I always criticize myself and scold myself. There were things that I did where I wasn't satisfied with the outcome. I'm a huge perfectionist and sometime its annoying. But it made me who I am and where I'm currently at in my life.

But I can also say — and I've never said this before — there was only one outcome that I'm satisfied with. That was being friends with the most beautiful person in the world.

There was no one else to thank but God for allowing me to have a great year. I can only pray for even better ones.

But while it was a great year for me, I can also say it was a sad one as well. A few days before Thanksgiving, Freddie Mercury passed away. Only last week was when I was informed of it. I told my team and my staff here at Neverland to not tell me about anything going on in the news, unless it was about my album, or something life-threatening.

When I first heard about it, I couldn't believe it. Freddie was one of the people whom I couldn't imagine a world without them.

I broke down in tears. I had a great business relationship with Freddie. He was a great artist, and his vocal ability was out of this world. He had a powerful, soulful voice.

I ended up contacting his group members from Queen, to check on them. They too were devastated, but remained strong for their friends, family, and fans. They even invited me to his funeral. I wanted to go badly, but I declined. I was back to working. Everyone knew that when I went back to work, I wouldn't come back. Especially now with the album being out, there was no stopping.

After I paid my respect and gave my condolences, I hung up and continued singing a melody into my tape recorder.

I hummed, beatboxed, and snapped until I couldn't anymore. Then when I was finished, I replayed the tape over and over again gaining inspiration for song lyrics. 

An hour into me writing down lyrics, there was a gentle knock on my door, followed by the statc sounds flowing from my walkie talkie.

"Joker, you have a visitor."

I laughed and stood up while grabbing my walkie talkie. I pressed the buttons on the side, beginning to speak. "Bill, why would you walk from the other side of the house when you have a walkie talkie?"