.56

"Neverland appeals to the child inside every man, woman and child. It’s a place where I feel like you can return to your childhood. You find grown-ups, you know, doing things they hadn’t done since they were like 10 years old..."

- Michael Jackson

--

Los Olivos, California

Annalisa Green -- November 20th, 1992
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Annalisa Green -- November 20th, 1992Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

I screamed as I felt myself being tossed... right into the pool. Once I resurfaced I could hear laughing from the others, but I knew exactly who the culprit was.

"Michael!" I squealed. I flung my wet hair back, starting to swim to the stairs.

But I was immediately stopped. Michael appeared from under water, grabbing me by my hips and pulling me back. I tried my hardest to squirm away, but he had a death grip.

For it to be nearly the end of November, it was exceptionally warm. So warm that Kidada and Rashida came up with the idea of us hanging out at the pool. I expected Michael to decline, simply due to his vitiligo, but he was more than happy. And he even asked me to invite Semaij, Antonio, and Damien.

I wasn't on board with it in the beginning, because I didn't know we were swimming, therefore I didn't bring a swimsuit. But after hearing that my friends were free to join us, I relaxed. Semaij would bring a swimsuit to me from my house.

So here we are — Michael, Kidada, Kidada's boyfriend, Rashida, Damien, Semaij, and Antonio — all having a decent time at the moment.

I smoothly glided backwards, right into Michael's shirt covered chest. Although he'd gotten along well with my friends, he still couldn't trust that they wouldn't talk about his skin condition. So he opted on swimming with a shirt on, but his legs and arms were out for everyone to see. I understood how he felt. He just wanted to have fun.

Water spilled from my mouth as I turned around, glaring at a Cheshire grinning Michael. "You clown! Why would you do that?"

"Sorry," he giggled with a blush. "but you know the rules."

"Oh please, remind me," I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes. Yet there was a smile on my face.

We began floating around in the water, still pretty close. His hands remained on my hips while my hands swished back and forth. There was music playing, but that was a must on Neverland's ground. Everyone was pretty much off in their own section. We had little pool toys and a ball to toss around in the water. This was great.