.26

-no quote inserted

--

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- December 19th, 1991
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Michael Jackson -- December 19th, 1991Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

I focused on the fuseball table intently. My competitive side was slowly beginning to show.

Ana twisted her stick to the right making the men attached to it kick the little soccer ball right into the goal. I sucked my teeth in defeat as she started to cheer loudly.

"Yes! I won!" She beamed as I walked around the table to her.

"I wouldn't be a true gentlemen if I didn't let you win."

"Oh?" Ana furrowed her brows and smirked. "Are you sure that it wasn't because you truly suck at this game?"

"I'm absolutely, positively sure that it wasn't because of that," I replied, poking her nose. Ana scoffed playfully and sauntered out of the room.

"Yeah right, Jackson."

I followed her all the way into the sitting room. It was just another ordinary day.

Nonstop and constantly, Ana and I have talked everyday. Either I would call her or she would call me. And we always stayed on the phone until the break of dawn.

It felt refreshing speaking with her everyday. Knowing that she was doing okay, made me extremely happy. We were the best of friends already and it hasn't even been a year yet!

I don't know if she feels the same way that I do, but I'm slowly developing a little crush on her. Or maybe it's always been there.

And while I have these thoughts and feelings about her, I knew not to take it to that level. I have to take things slow and the best thing is to build a foundation before getting into a relationship. It was never good jumping head first into things, and I've learned that from Brooke.

Brooke and I are good friends now, but it was never good with her. I've wanted her since the 80s and in 89, I asked her to marry me. Of course she said no. That was always the answer I'd receive.

While it broke my heart to hear her answer, it also made me realize how fast I was moving. There was no way in hell that we were ready for marriage. I've been living in this fantasy that I created, where I was married to the love of my life, and we'd have dozens of children. Brooke wasn't fit for that.

With Ana, this will be different though. I could feel it. Taking things slow is the right thing to do.

She might not ever know about my feelings, but at least I could say that I had the chance to become friends with a beautiful girl.