.9

♪I've lived my life the lonely
A soul that cries of shame
And handicapped emotions
Save me now, from what still remains.... ♪

*****

Temple City, California

Annalisa Green -- April 30th, 1991
Location: 1341 Evergreen St

Semaij stared intently as she lifted the tweezers up - I could feel a piece of my brow hair being pulled

Semaij stared intently as she lifted the tweezers up - I could feel a piece of my brow hair being pulled. It hurt so bad.

I tried my hardest not to furrow my eyebrows to keep her from messing up. It was getting hard to do after while. The plucking left my skin tingling and twitching as if I was electrocuted.

So the next time she plucked my eyebrow, I jerked away and rubbed the spot. Of course that made Semaij sigh irratibly, as I've been doing it for the time she's been plucking my eyebrows.

"Girl, I swear if you flinch again.."

"How can I stay still? It hurts and its making my arm itch." I frowned and sat back against the headboard. "I told you I didn't need them plucked anyway."

Semaij scoffed and laid at the foot of my bed, facing me.. "Oh, you needed em' plucked. Your unibrow was threatening to show, and you were starting to look like a little boy."

Rolling my eyes, I threw one of my pillows at her. "Whatever Semaij."

She giggled and caught the pillow, tossing it back before sitting up straight. I couldn't help but to let out a little laugh of my own. Her laugh was so contagious.

When our laughter died down, she sighed happily and shook her head.

"Mental health check?" She asked, raising her eyebrow with a nice subtle smile on her face.

It was my turn to sigh, but it wasn't happy like hers. It was more like a are you really going to make me answer kind of sigh.

I hated when she did her 'mental health checks'. I've always felt exposed after being forced to tell her how I feel. She said its good to let my feelings out and to never hold them in. If I held them in, I would be pressing the 'self destruct' button on my brain basically.

Her words, not mine.

"You already know that I won't leave until I hear what's going through your mind," she stated still smiling, but her voice was firm.