.84

- what's today? 😏

--

- no quote inserted

--

Temple City, California

Annalisa Green -- March 23rd, 1993
Location: 1341 Evergreen St.

To pass time, Melissa and I took turns tossing darts to the dart board. Timmy was supposed to be back with Angel grabbing beers for us. Well, them. And Damien was on the phone, chatting. I couldn't hear some of his conversation, but I was getting a weird feeling from it. Him being on the phone as soon as Angel left didn't sit well with me.

"I'm winning, so just quit favorite cousin," Melissa stuck her tongue out. I shook my head.

"Over my dead body" I laughed. "I can catch up with you if I wanted to."

"So catch up then! Let's go!" 

And just like that, the game turned competitive. As I've mentioned I managed to catch up with Melissa after two perfect scores, and ultimately won.

I gave her a look that said 'I told you so' and she just rolled her eyes, taking her cup of water to drink. We went through two more rounds before she tapped out from losing so much. Just as we were cleaning up, Damien hung up the phone and decided to help us.

"Damn Dame, you cakin' with Angel that much? You just seen her!"

"Who said I was cakin'? And who said it was her on the phone?" He frowned, making me frown myself.

"Mmmm, so who was it?" Melissa asked. "Do I have to tell my girl that you creepin' around?"

As I sat the darts on the board I waited for his answer. I surely hope that he wasn't cheating on Angel. Angel may be a lot of things, and has done a lot of things, but she doesn't deserve to be cheated on. Damien shouldn't have never entertained the idea of being with her if he was just going to cheat.

I turned around, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed over my chest. Damien still had yet to answer, heightening the fact that he just may be cheating on her. Before I could acknowledge that however, Melissa beat me to it.

"Oh, hell no!" She clapped her hands loudly. "Are you serious Dame? You dead ass cheatin' on her?"

The guilty look on his face told it all. "Well? Who is it?"

Melissa and I looked at him in silence, still waiting on a response. His silence was what actually told me that it could be exactly who I was thinking of. And when he gave me a 'you're gonna kill me, but' look, it confirmed my suspicions wholeheartedly.