.46

- no quote inserted

--

Temple City, California

Annalisa Green -- May 12th, 1992
Location: 1341 Evergreen St

Annalisa Green -- May 12th, 1992Location: 1341 Evergreen St

She knows.

For a while, I thought that I was doing something right. Keeping this thing Michael and I have a secret for as long as I could....

Until Aunt Jolene barged through my bedroom door unhappy.

"Really Ana!?" She yelled and crossed her arms.

At first, I was confused but the longer I stared at her, the more I realized. "Semaij told you."

"Ya' damn skippy, Jolee. And why do I have to hear everything from her and not you?"

This wasn't the first time Semaij went and ran her mouth to my Aunt. She told her about my first kiss before I even had the chance to. She told her about me being bullied. Probably everything but the most major event in my life. I told her that myself.

I was hoping that Semaij wouldn't tell anyone until I — no — Michael and I were ready. Now who's to say that she wouldn't go to the tabloids about it?

Now I couldn't even trust my own best friend with certain pieces of information.

"I was going to tell you —" I started.

"No you weren't!" Aunt Jolene interrupted. "I'm not angry that you met him, but I'm sad because you never tell me anything. I don't know what is ever going through your head, and you're my neice. My blood. But Semaij and Damien knows more about you than I do. It hurts, Ana."

A tear fell down her face and I now can see why she feels the way she does. My own Aunt doesn't know a thing about me, because I never allowed her into my view of the world. There were bits and pieces of things that she knew, but she doesn't know everything. And I felt so had for hurting her like this.

I stood from my bed, and walked to her with my arms out. We hugged tightly. "I'm sorry," I said. "I'm so sorry, Aunt Jolene."

"And you met Michael Jackson? Michael fucking Jackson?" She sniffled and pulled away, wiping her eyes. "And you were gonna keep that from me."

"I didn't know how you were going to react," I replied. "He's your idol."

Aunt Jolene softly chuckled and shook her head. "What? You thought that I was gonna show my tail? Run around the house, screaming how you met that man?"

I nodded. "Pretty much, yeah."

"Baby, he's my baby and all, but I know how to act. He could be standing right here, right now, and I wouldn't turn into a psycho fan. I'll be on my best behavior."