.99

"When I see children, I see the face of God. That's why I love them so much. That's what I see..."

--

Los Olvios, California

Michael Jackson -- May 10th, 1994
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd.

When Ana said she'd show up to Neverland after her meeting with Tommy, I just assumed that she would be dressed in her regular tomboyish attire

When Ana said she'd show up to Neverland after her meeting with Tommy, I just assumed that she would be dressed in her regular tomboyish attire. Boy was I wrong.

Standing in strapped heels and another black dress, was Annalisa. She looked amazing and I can never get enough of saying that. Even her hair was curled! For the first time! I loved it.

We held hands, leading all the little children down the path, giving them a tour of the beautiful home I'd like to call Neverland. This group of children were a different group from the last. Only a small number of children that I remembered from visiting hospitals were here. And those were the ones who were slowly recovering from their conditions.

"I should've changed before I came out, Michael," Ana said from beside me. "This dress is too much."

"I think you look beautiful, my love," I smiled.

"You're supposed to think that."

I giggled, releasing her hand to wrap my arm around her waist. I pulled her closer as we came to a short stop to watch the flamingos. Ana placed her hand onto my chest, listening as I explained to the children why I wanted flamingos scattered on the way to the amusement park. After my brief description, and answering their cute clueless questions, we continued on.

As requested, there were several news reporters and paparazzi present, along with my personal photographers, to document the events that took place today. I've made it known that they were not allowed inside of my main house, because I didn't want them around my personal belongings. That meant when it was time to serve the kids, they would have to wait outdoors or inside of the movie theater. The media makes anything into a story nowadays, and I didn't want any other false and negative information attached to my name.

Our next stop was Teepee Village. The kids immediately sprinted to each teepee with happy squeals spilling from their mouths. It made me smile widely.

Ana and I stood there watching them with our hands behind our backs. The joy and glee that had shown on their faces was all that I wanted to see. It was my goal in life.

Kids didn't deserve to face the sudden hardships, the struggles, or illness. They deserved to not worry, to be happy and carefree, and to have a great childhood. I wanted to give them that chance, no matter the cost. It breaks my heart when I see some of the children who are sick with cancer, or have no place to live, or nowhere to go. Giving them a piece of hope is just enough to keep them going. And I hate that some adults can't realize that. I hate that they turn something so innocent and harmless, into something weird and unhuman-like.