.17

"The pain of parting is nothing to the  joy of meeting again"

--

Temple City, California

Annalisa Green -- October 12th, 1991
Location: 1341 Evergreen St

Putting my bag over my shoulder, I grabbed the car keys and my journal, and quickly headed out of the door

Putting my bag over my shoulder, I grabbed the car keys and my journal, and quickly headed out of the door. Luckily, Aunt Jolene didn't have to work today, so I wouldn't be hearing her complaints about me taking the car. However, I knew that I was gonna hear her mouth about us not spending time together lately.

Truthfully I was dodging her, because of me meeting Michael. If I spent a lot of time with, I know eventually I'll spill the beans and I didn't want to do that. I have to learn to keep her out of my business most times.

It was early in the morning. They were still sleeping so I had to be quietly. I managed to get to the door silently, and I left out quietly. When I was successful, I silently squealed and quickly headed to the car.

I winced when I heard the engine roar loudly. But as soon as it was on, I backed out of the driveway and drove far from the house. Upon a stop light, I slowed down and buckled my seatbelt.

All week I've been babied and hovered over by Aunt Jolene. It was expected, but I didn't expect her extreme measures to check on me.

I love the fact that she cares, and that she loves me and treats me like her child, but it was frustrating not having any privacy or time by myself. I'd ran out of ways to tell her. She just doesn't get it.

So now, instead of stressing myself to make her understand, I just had to keep showing her. I woke up early today just to get ready for Venice Beach. I was still a bit tired but it was the perfect time to be there. No one would be present, no interrupting sounds. Just the sweet melodic sounds of the waters, the sand beneath my feet, the scribbles of my pen, and the birds singing.

I sighed and smiled softly in anticipation. Today was going to be perfect.

--

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- October 12th, 1991
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Michael Jackson -- October 12th, 1991Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd