.30

- no quote inserted

--

New York City, New York

Michael Jackson -- February 3rd, 1992
Location: Radio City Hall; Pepsi Cola & Heal The World Foundation Press Conference

Michael Jackson -- February 3rd, 1992Location: Radio City Hall; Pepsi Cola & Heal The World Foundation Press Conference

They had gotten through to me again.

I was going back on tour.

I'd sworn, and I never do, that I was done touring after the BAD tour, but after the meeting with my sponsor I couldn't refuse.

The Dangerous World Tour would be for my foundation, and to every sick child. It's proceeds would be donated to helping them.

Today was the press conference to announce it.

I was excited, not because I was going on tour, but because I was going on tour for a good cause. There was a vow that I made to myself, that I would use my platform to speak up about the world's issues, and do something to help. That never changed, and I'm still doing everything that I can.

During the conference, I spoke more in depth about my deal with Pepsi. Along with them sponsoring, I would do two commercials and I was also performing at the Superbowl. Both commercials would be airing on that exact same day.

So booked and busy was really an understatement.

Along with that, I had a plan to do another film for one of my songs on the album, but that wouldn't be until later this year. I still hadn't figured out which song I wanted to use, but I knew I wanted to do it.

After the conference, I quickly flown back to Los Angeles to at least get some rest. I spent four days in New York just to prepare for the conference and I was beyond exhausted.

When I made it to my home, I said nothing to anyone. I just went into my bedroom and crashed face first into bed, snoring loudly.

It was nice to finally sleep.

And it was. I didn't wake up until the next afternoon. Bill had told me that he tried to wake me up numerous times but I didn't budge. When I slept I was a deep sleeper. Even the loudest of noises couldn't wake me.

I felt refreshed as I stepped out my bedroom, now in fresh clean clothing. I'd worn silk pajama pants, and a robe to cover my shirtless form. My hair was let down and dripping wet.

"There he is," Kidada happily hugged me. "We were just talking about you, Smelly!"

"Hello Kidada," I laughed as she kissed my cheek. "What brings you here today?"