.140

Los Olivos, California

Annalisa Green -- June 3rd, 1995
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd.

"You don't like the grass, mommy?" I cooed, holding MJ in my arms as she whined gently

"You don't like the grass, mommy?" I cooed, holding MJ in my arms as she whined gently. "Mama's sorry my little munchkin."

I kissed the crown of her head looking out into the distance. Only a few feet away were my crowd of crazy friends sitting at the table playing spades and having a cool drink.

Uncle Harry's birthday was today, so Michael and I threw a cookout for him and everyone to come and spend some time with one another. It's been a long while since we were all in one same room on one accord, and I was happy to see everyone.

Aunt Jolene still hadn't felt a bit better after Nana's passing but seeing her smiling and trying to have a good time currently put a smile of my own on my face. Uncle Harry and I have been trying for a while to make sure she was in high spirits. Even Michael tried to be her 'best boyfriend ever'.

Even Kidada and Rashida were here, as well as Angel, Mickey, and Damien amongst the crowd of family members. Subconsciously they've all tried their best to stay away from each other, just so it wouldn't be an altercation. But like the good party hosts we were, Michael and I tried to make them both comfortable despite the large cloud of tension hovering over them.

All in all, the party has been amazing so far. I was just happy.. that everyone else was happy.

Well.. except for my fussy daughter.

We've been sitting in the grass for a few minutes and she was getting tired of it. Usually she'd be happy being outside, but I think she was due for a nap or something.

I tried to think of the last time she took her nap, but fell short the moment I saw Michael walking up to us. Almost immediately, her mood changed, and she held her arms up as if to tell her daddy, "get me away from this woman now!"

Michael giggled bending down to pick her up before pulling me up along with her. "You missed Dada huh, MJ?" He kissed her chubby cheek, scrunching up his face shortly after. "Oh, baby made a boo boo."

"I think it's Daddy's turn to change your diaper, little one." I flashed a small smile at my love.

"No it's not—no, where are you going!?" He called after me as I walked away laughing.

"I'm tending to our guests!"

I heard him smack his lips in response, making me laugh some more. I joined the spades table watching Rashida, Madeline, and Angel face off against one another. From the looks of it Maddy was winning.

They each put their cards down, yelling at the other for 'cheating' for the next couple of minutes before Maddy claimed her victory. I laughed as Angel pouted and crossed her arms.

"That ain't right and you know it," she sniffled, slightly rubbing her nose.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I won fair and square my friend... now pay me my money!" Maddy cackled, hugging Angel around her neck.