.79

- no quote inserted

--

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- March 3rd, 1993
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Unknowingly we had alternated days pertaining to who's house we'd be staying at

Unknowingly we had alternated days pertaining to who's house we'd be staying at. After I told Ana that I had to leave so I could rehearse for the Soul Train Awards, she said that she would be coming with me. But let her tell it; she was only coming because she hadn't seen everyone in a while. See, slowly but surely, Ana was becoming a clingy, adorable romantic and I love it.

We both entered the house, instantly being engulfed into the warmness and smells of something being baked. Warm cookies.

I grinned, greeting Consuela and after she took ahold of Ana's overnight bag, we went into the kitchen. Like I silently predicted, Madeline was there with an oven mitt on her hand with a baby pink apron on. She was baking her delicious chocolate cookies that she'd always baked for me since I've hired her.

She was in the midst of sitting the baking pan back into the oven when I spoke. "Hopefully, that whole pan is for me."

"And me," Ana pouted. "I like cookies too."

"You two are back?" Madeline grinned, quickly making her way around the counter to squeeze us both into a hug. "I've missed you two!"

"You should know that I've missed you more," Ana smiled widely.

"Where are the others?" I asked, looking around. It was early, yes, but people should be up and ready to work.

Madeline hurried back around the countertop to stand beside the oven. "Just a few more minutes," she mumbled. "Um, they are in the staff area having breakfast."

I frowned. "Am I too early, or are they too late?"

"I think you're too early." Madeline and Ana giggled. "You always forget the hours when you're the one who made them."

"He's an old man already," Ana joked softly nudging my side. I couldn't help smiling at her.

"Remind me to say that you're old when you reach your thirites too."

We spent a few minutes talking to Madeline. In truth, I just wanted to be the first to get a few cookies.

Soon we entered my bedroom letting our faces softly hit the soft blankets on my bed. It was still a bit early and I wasn't supposed to be on my way to rehearsal until ten o'clock. Right now, the time reads, 7:45a.m.