.70

"Don't read stories that aren't true. They write those stories to mislead you and you're making them rich. It's not true, don't read it, it's garbage, it's junk food. Believe what I tell you..."

--

Los Olivos, California

Annalisa Green -- February 5th, 1993
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

As I stepped inside with Semaij and Angel, I smiled at Madeline and Raye, who were waiting to greet me first

As I stepped inside with Semaij and Angel, I smiled at Madeline and Raye, who were waiting to greet me first. We each hugged one another, with Angel and Semaij voicing how long it has been since they were here. It hasn't been that long but leave it up to them to be dramatic.

"I'm sure you heard about it, Ana," Madeline said with concern.

"Yeah," Raye nodded in agreement. "I swear we didn't say anything to the press. We wouldn't betray you or Michael like that."

I smiled. "I know you wouldn't. Thank you." I let out a sigh. Angel and Semaij already walked further to greet the others. "Is he still in his room?"

Madeline nodded sadly. "He hasn't came out at all. Not even to eat."

For the past two days, I've been here with Michael making sure that he was okay. With each passing hour, the media has been releasing more trashy and disrespectful rumors about him, and he hasn't taken it very lightly. I've never seen him cry before, so when he did, it made my heart wrench.

It was one of those cries that you make when you're tired, that you can't take anymore of the pain. And gosh, I felt it. His heart was crying out for mine.

"Why can't they just leave me alone? Why does it have to be this way? Why can't it be about the music?" He cried the first night I came. "I've done nothing to them. Why do they want to hurt me so bad?"

"Because you have so much power, so much impact on everyone" I grabbed his face as I talked. "The more power you gain, the more these people will get jealous, and they'll want to do everything to destroy the platform you built. But you can't let them break you down. Keep your head high, work with pride, and kill them with kindness. Ignore those assholes. They don't know how great you are, and that's their lost. Your fans know the real you. They know what you're about, and that's all that matters. Okay?"

I wanted him to know that he isn't alone. We have each other, and I'm willing to be by his side forever. No matter what comes our way. I love him; Hell, everyone loves him. And we know the truth, and the truth is not what's in the news.

Nate suddenly came up to me in the middle of our conversation. "He's asking to see you right now."

"Okay, I'm grabbing some food first. He needs to eat."