.129

- The comments last chapter were so appreciated. Thank you for not cussing me the hell out for missing two weeks of updates. Trying my hand at writing on the website again, so nooo more emojis. Enjoy this chapter babies & wtf! Thank you for 42k!! In under 24 hours???!!!!! Y'all are fucking amazing! 

---

Los Olivos, California

Annalisa Green -- September 3rd, 1994

Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd.

Although tensions were high, and our emotions were still fresh, I drove back to see him

Although tensions were high, and our emotions were still fresh, I drove back to see him. I felt like I needed to, after what was revealed to me the other day. For a month, I spent my time dodging his calls, avoiding him, and locking him out, when I knew I should've heard him out. It wasn't just me in this--we both were. And we're gonna have a child together soon. If we never get back together, I'd like to be able to co parent. 

The drive to Neverland was longer than I expected, maybe because I was pregnant and my hormones were going through the roof right now, or because I was nervous as fuck to enter the main house for the first time in a while. My stomach churned in dismay. I blew out a sigh to calm my nerves. 

I didn't bother telling my aunt. Now that we both knew what really happened, her constant fictional scenarios about Michael's "affair" had ceased, and instead she spent her time trying to butter me up in order to make me forget about the things she had said about him. Her feelings were justified. As a parent--and she has been my parent my whole life-- you're going to be very overprotective over your child if they are hurt. And she has done that for me. At least now I know that I have a loving and supportive family. 

Passing through the gates of Neverland yet again, I was beyond nervous. I really had no reason to be, since this still is my home, but I couldn't help but to be. No matter what we went through Neverland will always be my home. I loved it here, but I couldn't stand to be here right now just knowing what has happened here. 

I found myself blaming my absence and oblivion for not preventing what happened to Michael. I should have been here. I shouldn't have never went on that tour. Or maybe I should've taken her with me based off the fact that she liked him. So many things could've been done to ensure that she wouldn't make a move on him, but silly me for trusting that she wasn't stupid. Clearly she was. 

Madeline and Bill had seemed to be the ones I'd always see when I make it to the main house. They stood by the small stairs, with mugs in their hands, smiling and talking about whatever. Seeing them put a smile on my face. They were partners in crime--two peas in a pod. And they were also Michael and I's guardian angels when needed. I always found myself questioning them when it comes to Michael, either to try and figure him out a little, or simply for advice. And he does the same, I'm sure.