.135

Los Angeles, California

Annalisa Green -- September 30th, 1994
Location: 4325 Sunset Blvd Unit 206; Silver Lake Psychology

Annalisa Green -- September 30th, 1994Location: 4325 Sunset Blvd Unit 206; Silver Lake Psychology

"Look at you! You're glowing!" Dr. Harrington greeted me with a soft hug, to which I gave back to her with a smile. "How's the week been treating you?"

We took a seat at the same time on the opposing side. I let out a soft sigh and shrugged. "It's been keepin' me busy. I had a lot to do this week."

"Mhmmm. Hopefully it wasn't too much to deal with?"

"Not at all." I giggled. "I just had to go over some new contracts, that's it."

Dr. Harrington peered at me through the glasses she had put on her face. "I think we're fairly close now. Care to spill?"

"I can't tell you!" I smiled.

For the next few minutes, she began trying to get me to spill all of my business ventures. It was almost as if I wasn't in an active therapy session. Dr. Harrington was just that cool, but I understood. We were only a few years apart in age, so I'm glad that she didn't live up to this 'intimidating, old lady' therapy image many have depicted in their minds.

Dr. Harrington let out a sigh, leaning forward to grab her mug of tea. "So, where's Michael? Is he coming in today?"

"Oh, of course." I thanked her after she offered me my own mug of tea. "He's just running a little late."

"What a nice way to tell me that he's avoiding coming back." She sipped her tea with one eyebrow raised.

"That's not true!"

"I think it's true. You have a reason why you haven't checked in, so what is his reason?"

I gave her a reassuring smile. "His album. He's still working on it."

"Mhmmmm." I laughed again.

"I'll apologize on his behalf."

"And I won't accept it" she crossed her arms. "not until he walks through that door, ready to talk about his problems." I started to reply, until she gasped softly. "Oh! I meant to tell you that, you may have to step out of the room when he gets here."

I frowned. "Why?"

"So he can talk freely, without thinking that he's going to hurt your feelings. I noticed how closed off he really was last session, and how he'd look to you after each question, as if he was asking permission to answer with the answers he gave," she explained thoroughly. "We can't have him doing that in this session, or else we'd get nowhere with this."

"I understand," I sighed out, rubbing my thighs with my hands. "Work your magic."

She gave me a comforting smile. "Don't worry, we'll get you back in here as soon as we're finished."