.14

"We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our paths for a reason."

*****

Los Angeles, California

Michael Jackson -- September 28th, 1991
Location: Venice Beach

The week had quickly flown pass and it was now the day that I couldn't wait for

I wasn't sure if she'd actually be here, but I silently prayed that she took us up on Mac's offer. I don't know why, but I felt like I had to see her.

Mac was on the courts playing ball alone while I sat at the tables in the grass. It was around four in the afternoon currently. We haven't been here long but I was so anxious to go. There were people here, and I took the risk to leave without my face mask. I had sunglasses, though.

I quietly beat my fingers along the table and looked around the park in search of her. Nothing but excitement ran through the nerves of my body. I just couldn't wait to see her.

"Is she coming?" Mac asked, still bouncing the ball.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "We'll just have to see."

"You should have gotten her number, Michael!"

"I know."

A mere hour had passed, and another. Another hour passed again until finally, I could see her.

She walked towards the courts alone. This time, no glasses adorned her face. She had a bandana wrapped around her head, an oversized shirt, and baggy jean shorts. Her style was unusual to my eyes, but I really liked it. She could really pull it off.

Unknowingly, I smiled widely and watched her every move. It seemed that she recognized Mac first before spotting me.

They greeted each other before he passed her the ball. "Hey!"

"Hi," she smiled at him. "Um, where's uh.. where's... what's his name?"

Mac laughed loudly and held his stomach. I playfully rolled my eyes and stood from the table, beginning to walk towards them.

"M-Michael!? He's.. He's right there!" Mac continued to laugh.

Annalisa turned her head in my direction. I saw her eyes slightly widen in shock.

I smiled nervously and put my hands behind my back. "Hi."

*****