.114

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- July 10th, 1994
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd.

"Michael, wait!" Raye yelled again, only making me speed up faster.

I managed to make it by the dining room before I was pulled back by my arm. Now again, I was facing Raye. She had an apologetic sad look on her face.

"I'm — I'm sorry! I didn't mean to do that! I wasn't thinking!" A heavy and sad sigh left her lips. "I'm so stupid! I know you're gonna fire me!"

"Why did you do that, Raye? I'm in a relationship!" I crossed my arms very irritably. There's no way Ana can't know about this. I have to tell her.

"I know! I wasn't thinking right and I guess I was just in the moment. I promise that it'll never happen again, just please don't fire me!"

Tears began to form in the corners of her eyes and before I knew it, she was sobbing softly with her hands over her face. Momentarily, my face softened. Only God knows how much I hate to see a woman cry, or any human for that manner. Sometimes being compassionate and empathetic was a blessing and a curse. It was definitely a weakness for me.

I pryed her hands away from her face all while shaking my head gently. "Stop cryin', Raye..please."

"I'm so sorry, Michael, really!" Raye mumbled. "Please forgive me. I can't lose this job.. it's the only way that I can take care of my family."

She lifted her head, showing her glossy eyes and wet face. Guilt suffocated my entire being. This wasn't all on her. I clearly made her feel that it was okay unintentionally. I just wanted to be friendly despite what was already discussed, in hopes that she would just get over her sudden interest in me. But apparently, I had made it worse. That wasn't my intentions at all.

I dropped my shoulders in shame. "I'm sorry, too" her eyes lowered in sadness. "I shouldn't have made it seem like it was okay for us to talk so casually with each other. You're my employee, you work for me, and now it has to start being that way."

Raye nodded sadly. "I'll let you off with a warning for now, but don't mess up again" I pointed my finger to her. I hate being strict with anyone I work with, because I don't want them to think that I'm an asshole, but with situations occuring like this, I have to be. "Any conversation between us is business only. You will not speak to me... unless Madeline is around. I trust Madeline with my life and I know she wouldn't do this to me," I finished sighing. "You were really nice and kind, Raye, and I hate that I have to do this."

"I'm sorry," she uttered tearfully.

"You are dismissed."

For a while she stood there speechlessly staring at me. My hard exterior was suddenly up and I didn't want it to break. I should have fired her, I should have. But I just couldn't bare to see her cry any longer. And with that thought in mind I was the first to walk away. I headed straight to my bedroom and closed the door behind me.

There was a bottle of water on my nightstand, as always, for me to drink. I didnt have time to think back on the conversation we just had. I had to get to work. We finished writing Janet and I's song two days ago, but we were no where near finished with the album. There were a few other artists who had kindly written some songs for me to add, and I was scheduled to meet with them later on in the week. Right now, I was working on a song of my own. 

So far the song was about a little girl who died by the hands of robbers. They came in her house and stole all of her family's money and possessions. Along with taking everything, they viciously attacked her. I wrote this in mind to address the neglect and sadness that a child may feel when no one is around to love them. Before she died, no one really took care of her. Her parents were never home and they never loved her. She was always alone, singing ans humming. The song is actually based off of a true story. Susie Condry is my muse for this track. Her story broke my heart when I went back to look at it again. This happened in 1978 and even then, no one really talked about it. No wanted to know her backstory or anything. I want this song to bring some type of awareness. I want parent to listen to this, and learn to truly be there for their children. I want them to love their children and watch over them carefully. Because kids have feelings too. They understand what they feel and all they want is love.