.19

"Dear depression,

Let go of me,
You've hurt me enough,
Can't you see?"

--

Temple City, California

Annalisa Green -- November 6th, 1991
Location: 1341 Evergreen Street

Annalisa Green -- November 6th, 1991Location: 1341 Evergreen Street

Ana's Diary 11/6/1991

Step 1: Write a letter.
Step 2: Tell yourself something needs to change.
Step 3: Look in the mirror and reassure yourself. You will get through this.

Repeat...

--

With a look of determination, I capped my pen and closed my journal. If I wanted this 'eternal happiness' then I had to put in the work to have it.

After so many years of crying and asking myself why, I finally got tired of it. This had to end.

I guess I just needed that speech from Michael to get my life on track. He helped me realize a lot of things.

Michael had no clue of my backstory, but the way he talked to me led me to believe that he too had gone through something when he was a child. I never do research on celebrities, so I had no clue what his story was. Plus, I'd like to hear from the horses mouth, and not the tabloids, who lies constantly.

I can see this friendship being a special one. Usually I'd be fearful making new friends, hence Angel and Semaij being my only friends, but now I was feeling good about this.

For the first time in years I made the right choice, and that was saying yes to our friendship. I don't know how long until he forgets about me, but I want to step out of my comfort zone and enjoy it. I owe it to myself.

After putting my journal back in its rightful place, I took the chance to leave out of my room to go to Aunt Jolene and Uncle Harry's. I was beginning to feel bad about avoiding them - Aunt Jolene especially.

I softly knocked on their door before welcoming myself inside. Aunt Jolene laid in their bed, her eyes on the television. Uncle Harry was sitting at his desk, finishing up his paperwork I'm guessing. When I walked in, though, both of their eyes were on me.

Aunt Jolene was the first to speak. "Harry, baby... Do you see what I'm seeing?" Uncle Harry nodded silently. "She actually walked in here? Our room?"