.131

Beverly Hills, California

Annalisa Green -- September 13th, 1994
Location: 715 N. Alphine Dr.

After finding out the gender of the baby last week, Michael and I decided to keep it to ourselves for a while

After finding out the gender of the baby last week, Michael and I decided to keep it to ourselves for a while. We figured it'd be sweet to surprise everyone at the same time. And it'd be nice if Aunt Jolene and him would make up before the arrival.

It took some time, but I managed to kick Aunt Jolene and Uncle Harry out of the house for an hour. That was enough time for me to set up this family gender reveal in the backyard. Angel was bringing food, Kidada had the drinks, and Timmy and Missy were in charge of the music. I didn't tell them what was going to happen either. All they knew was, we were having a party.

Michael was here with Bill, Wayne, and Maddy to help me with everything. It didn't take us a very long time, but I tired out quickly and decided to sit down. Of course, I was teased about that.

When the clock struck 5pm, it was time for the festivities to begin. I called for them to come back and waited patiently.

Timmy and Missy were the first to arrive with his djing set. The music was turned on full blast, and I mentally thanked God that our neighbors were literally miles away. Michael sat alone, nursing a cold glass of water while bobbing his head to the music in a way only he knew how.

Missy caught me staring at him and let out a laugh. "Girl, stop actin' like that ain't yo' baby daddy and go talk to him! Didn't y'all make up last week?"

I frowned, letting out a sigh. "Shut up. Barely. We're doin' therapy and all that, but it's been kinda awkward between us."

"May I ask why?"

Another sigh left my mouth, and I shrugged. I actually had no idea why. I guess... we didn't have much to talk about nowadays. Michael was still working on his album, I was still working on my cosmetics line. We didn't have time to talk.

For the first time since I've met him, I actually felt pretty nervous to even start a conversation. For the past few days, his expressions were unreadable. I couldn't tell if he was happy, sad, or angry now. All I'd get was a blank stare and barely that. We had a lot to talk about indeed, but I guess we just didn't know how to say it. So we just relied on work to keep us from being upfront about everything to each other. 

"I... I'm going to get a drink Missy." Mindlessly, I excused myself into the kitchen. I dug into the deep freezer to grab a cold drink. As I grabbed the bottle, I felt a hand on my back. It made me jolt slightly in surprise. I whipped around prepared to screen any profanity to whomever it was who startled me, but to my surprise... it was Michael. 

Even in the dantiest clothing he could piece together and throw on, he still looked extremely handsome. Extremely beautiful. My heart fluttered to my dismay, and I let a smile stretch across my lips.