.18

"I think it's time to be happy again"

--

Los Olivos, California

Michael Jackson -- November 2nd, 1991
Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

Michael Jackson -- November 2nd, 1991Location: 5225 Figueroa Mountain Rd

These past two weeks have been the best days of my life.

Okay, maybe I'm being dramatic, but that is how I feel.

October thirty-first was the last day of the Dangerous recording sessions. While it's been a fun and beautiful process, I was ecstatic that we finished everything. The last step was the tracklisting, which would be in a few days.

In between Teddy Riley, Bill Bottrel, Bryan Loren, Bruce Swedien, and I preparing the songs, I have also been spending all the time I could with Annalisa.

So far we had so much in common. We had a love for nature, and we both loved to read on our spare time. While I found music to be my safe haven, writing was hers. She loved sports — basketball especially — and I guess I had a like for it too. My favorite food was Mexican, and so was hers!

And while I learned what her likes and dislikes were, Annalisa still remained mysterious to me. I felt like I knew so much about her but it was only just the beginning.

I didn't know what caused her to be so unhappy with life itself.

I couldn't figure out why she loved to wear baggy clothing.

And I'm dying to know why she wears sunglasses, even when the clouds would take over the sky.

It was like she was hiding herself from the world. Like she didn't want anyone to take notice.

Maybe one day I could get her to talk. I just have to make her see that she can trust me.

Today was November second. I had a little day off so I chose to pick Annalisa up so we could hang out. Most likely, she didn't have anything to do so today was the perfect time.

Also with the album expecting to be released two days before Thanksgiving, I had to get as much free time as I could. I just knew that I would be busy with the press and the media.

They expected a press conference out of me, and much more.

But before I prepared for that, I had to have some relaxation days to myself. I wanted to stay undercover until the album was released. As of now, the tabloids had an idea of the album, but they didn't know the release date, and that's great. I loved to surprise them.

Currently Annalisa and I sat against the trunk of one of my favorite trees on Neverland's ground; my Giving Tree. The Giving Tree was the cause of so many great songs being written and released to the public's eye. I loved sitting on the highest branch, watching the skies and seeing the beautiful city lights at night. I'd climb up that tree on my free time and just sit there, thanking God for His greatest creations. Sometimes I'd get inspired, whether it be a song or a new dance. That tree was apart of me.